Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 AM   #11
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736
Default Re: Some props to Ben.

Hey I refuse to drive myself crazy and get depressed when the Steelers lose. THE OFFENSIVE LINE WAS THE AREA OF CONCERN BEFORE THE SEASON BEGAN.
IT REMAINS THE AREA OF WEAKNESS TODAY.

The Steelers may make it to the play offs they are on balance good enough but THEY ARE NOT AN ELITE TEAM. Accept this reality and you will enjoy this season.much more. The offensive line must be strengthened during the off season in a very agressive manner. Ben needs more protection and Parker needs better openings. The defense will be off the field more and then and only then are the Steelers an elite team.

Hope for 11 and 5, get into the play offs injury free and anything can happen.

If you are blaming Ben, Willie or Troy for the Steelers loss today you simply do not recognize superior talent and do not know football. The blame belongs with the THE OFFENSIVE LINE AND THAT IS IT. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Michael
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #12
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Another thing about the O-line and it being priority #1 in the offseason (man, cannot beleive I even mentioned the off season this early) but we are going to be losing Feneca also. That is a huge hole in the line.

Why didn't we try to run more quick slants to offset their rush? We tried a couple of screens, no good. Should have tried it, but I am not the coach and didn't see the whole field, so maybe there was something to it.

One more thing, did anyone think that the slamming of Ben to the turf by 5 defenders warrant a 15 yard penalty? He was clearly in the grasp, getting piled up on, then tossed to the turf.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #13
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
One more thing, did anyone think that the slamming of Ben to the turf by 5 defenders warrant a 15 yard penalty? He was clearly in the grasp, getting piled up on, then tossed to the turf.
Yes, especially considering the 15-yarder Troy received for hitting Cutler well beyond the line of scrimmage.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 AM   #14
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
yes it did. since they called troy for that bogus penatly.. but the difference is ben last name isnt manning or brady... and i guess they figure he is a pretty big guy and he can take the punishment of getting thrown around like a rag doll.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #15
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
yes it did. since they called troy for that bogus penatly.. but the difference is ben last name isnt manning or brady... and i guess they figure he is a pretty big guy and he can take the punishment of getting thrown around like a rag doll.
Was thinking the same thing. Sneeze on Brady or Manning and you will get 15 yards. Oh well, what can you do. Tough loss!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I'd have to seriously give Ben a B- for this game, though I'd give the OL a D- in the first half alone, which didn't help Ben's performance that half. I don't blame this loss on Ben - this was definitely a total team loss.

Yes - the Broncs most definitely should have been slapped with a 15 yarder for throwing Ben to the ground like that. No doubt about it.

I've said it before and I"ll say it again - for whatever reason, this team seems to be sleepwalking in the first half and comes alive in the second. Consistency (along with the turnover problems) seems to be what this team is lacking right now imho. They just don't play solid kick a$$ football for 60 minutes. This is where the coaching staff comes into play. They need to light a bonfire under their a$$es before they take the field and keep it going from opening kickoff to the final second ticks off that clock.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #17
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Was thinking the same thing. Sneeze on Brady or Manning and you will get 15 yards. Oh well, what can you do. Tough loss!
start throwing our opponents qbs around like rag dolls and take the 15 yarder just so they will start being scared.....lol ..(i am just a little mad about that..lol.)

you look at manning or brady cross-eyed and they slap you with a 15 yard penalty. which is BS..but like you said.. what can you do..

i will say that ben did play a good game considering yet again the Oline had him running for his life..(i sense my wok is going to have to come out and beat the oline upside the head..lol)

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #18
BurghZ0n3
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7054

....we don't need a "bus" anymore....we need a "MONSTER TRUCK"!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
WisconsinSteelerMan
Bench Warmer

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin (but still a Pittsburgher at heart!!!)
Member Number: 1388

I loved that 4th and inches play where we snuck Ben. Did you see the push that Davenport (and Faneca) put on Ben to move the pile to first down yardage? That was AWESOME... The pile just kept moving until you had NO doubt that he had made the yardage for the first down.

LOVED IT!

Mike
WisconsinSteelerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #20
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'd still like to see what Ben can do when he is given enough time to have a cup of coffee, read the morning paper, take a dump, and still get the pass off - the kind of time Brady and Manning typically get. Hate to sound redundant, but O-line is priority #1 in next year's draft.