Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts
Default Re: 10 thoughts on the game

# 6

thats what bars are for...

ps...throwing ash trays at annoying redskin fans , is frowned upon...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
4) If I had to see 5'10 190 lbs Deshea Townsend try and arm tackle 6'4 237 lbs Rasheed Marshall again.....well...(see #2...other eye.)
Brandon Marshall...Rasheed Marshall plays for St. Louis...just like Tim Spaeth plays for the Steelers.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you mean Tim Spaeth, right? i usually like al michaels, but after the superbowl, him or madden cant go out of their way to say something positive (or even correct) about the steelers.
I caught that also....would have been nice if they would have payed as much attention to getting names correct, as they did to their weird obsession with the replay of Willie hitting the camera and it going to "green screen"....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Brandon Marshall...Rasheed Marshall plays for St. Louis...just like Tim Spaeth plays for the Steelers.
Your right....(but if I was a commentator and got paid to get the names right..or a Head Coach and got paid to check player backgrounds...I would do it...)
Old 10-22-2007, 10:24 AM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Good post LLT!

I can deal with Madden and Michaels - they make the occcasional fubar but know their stuff for the most part. It's Collinsworth-less that gets the shoe, slipper, whatever I have in my hand - the moment he opens that garbage dump he calls a mouth.

I agree with the majority of what you stated, but especially with #10. OK - we lost the battle - now let's get behind our Steelers and the coaching staff and get ready to head to PBS to hunt down some Bungle.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Good post LLT!

I can deal with Madden and Michaels - they make the occcasional fubar but know their stuff for the most part. It's Collinsworth-less that gets the shoe, slipper, whatever I have in my hand - the moment he opens that garbage dump he calls a mouth.

I agree with the majority of what you stated, but especially with #10. OK - we lost the battle - now let's get behind our Steelers and the coaching staff and get ready to head to PBS to hunt down some Bungle.
OHHHH you are preaching to the choir!!!...Chris Collinsworth is a tool of the first order...he says in one week that the pats are Cheaters and he wanted BB suspended ..then turns around and says they are the best team he as EVER seen the next week...DUH!!! Put 2 & 2 together!!!

He has to be related to Marvin Lewis.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
BurghZ0n3
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7054

Madden's mind is still taunted & choked up with the Immaculate reception...after all these decades!!!! We will strive to Playoff....
Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #18
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Great job. You gave me a little something to smile about, after last nights game. I would like to add one #11 If I see Ben in a shotgun on short yardage situations when we have Najeh Davenport sitting on the sidelines, against a defense thats giving up yardage on the ground week in and week out I'm going to stick that rusty fork in my Neck!
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Defense had a bad game. They've been the most consistent unit on the team so far this year. They put up a bad performance, but I'm willing to write this off as a fluke.

The O-Line however, is no excuse. They have been the achillies heel of the Steelers for quite some time now. Even during the 2005 Super Bowl year. Redundant or not, it's a FACT that the Steelers need to explore O-Line next offseason. Draft a few strong guards and maybe a tackle.

The window of opportunity is still there for these Steelers to win in this decade. They have the talent at QB to take them over the top, don't waste our most competant QB in years by neglecting the O-Line.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #20
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
The Defense had a bad game. They've been the most consistent unit on the team so far this year. They put up a bad performance, but I'm willing to write this off as a fluke.

The O-Line however, is no excuse. They have been the achillies heel of the Steelers for quite some time now. Even during the 2005 Super Bowl year. Redundant or not, it's a FACT that the Steelers need to explore O-Line next offseason. Draft a few strong guards and maybe a tackle.

The window of opportunity is still there for these Steelers to win in this decade. They have the talent at QB to take them over the top, don't waste our most competant QB in years by neglecting the O-Line.

Amen, brother!!