Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
Virginia Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5793
Default Re: The Sky isnt Falling but...

4-2 --It seems to me like in the 2 losses the team didn't show up until the second half, and TURNOVERS!!!!

AZ - Ben throws an INT in the endzone

Denver - Ben fumbles (1/2 ben's fault, 1/2 o-line's fault) and it's run back for a TD.
Possible 14 point swing, Denver goes up 21-7 instead of Pittsburgh con'ting the drive tying the game 14-14 or making it 14-10.

I'm not as po'd as I thought I would be....you're not going to win every game and Baltimore's loss means they're still in first. However, I will be mad if they lay an egg in Cincy. This next game is now must win in my opinion.
Virginia Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,940 Times in 3,505 Posts

Before I got my hopes up in September, my preseason guess had the Steelers 4-1 at the bye and finishing up 10-6 (with road losses to Denver and Cincy).

That may be about right - this team has definite problems on the road the past 2 seasons
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
That may be about right - this team has definite problems on the road the past 2 seasons
I bet the home team is sending call girls to the hotel. Tomlin needs to ensure everyone is in bed the night before.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #14
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

I really want to know what is up with the screen plays. They are completely unseccessful yet Arians insists on running them time and time again. I don't know how many times we tried a screen and Denver had the thing read from the start.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
I don't know how many times we tried a screen and Denver had the thing read from the start.
Videocameras??????
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Videocameras??????

My guess is that we are telecasting our plays somehow. I would be interested in seeing the tapes to find out how.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,612 Posts

anyone else wonder where davenport was? 2 carries 6 yds...0 rec

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #18
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
anyone else wonder where davenport was? 2 carries 6 yds...0 rec
just like willie, if they would have used him more he would have had a better game
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #19
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Before I got my hopes up in September, my preseason guess had the Steelers 4-1 at the bye and finishing up 10-6 (with road losses to Denver and Cincy).

Why would you go road loss vers Cincy when the last two seasons we won at there house and they won at our house.. It could be the same this year if we split..

Far as the Denver game can you say, Run Ben Run. Ben runs for his life every game. Ya great offensive line.
Were playing the 32 run defense in the NFL and what do we do come out passing. Pound that rock.
Defense first half, were was the pressure.
Defense last drive, were was the pressure and anyone who plays prevent should be thrown off the mountain.
Why wait till later in the game to get dump offs to willie are screens. Willie is dangerous in open field. Willie has 8 catches for 43 yards. Ya that number should be higher. Ben should use his check down more.
Starting in Cincy we will start to make are push for the playoffs. So now we will see what tomlin is made of.

And remember peeps, when was the last time we went 3-0 to start a season. What do we normally do in the first 6 games of the season in the last 20 years. Some of us old time fans know we take bumps in the first 6 games. We have not started off 4-0 since the 70s, and last time we started off 3-0 was 92. So the world is not fallen over a couple losses. We have to play are best ball down the stretch.
Ben did what he had to do the last part of the game without a mistake. That is the most important. It was another game we let slip by.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
just like willie, if they would have used him more he would have had a better game
you do realize that willie did have 21 carries? 11 of which was for 1 yd or less. 51 of his 93 yds were on 2 runs of 27 and 24 yds.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote