Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-23-2007, 01:00 AM   #11
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: Who has played Football

I played on the right corner and running back/Split end from pee wee through high school. I loved playing football.......Unfortuently I am 5'9 170

Awwwwww. What would it be like to be 6'2 220lbs........May have a lot more money now.......But life as a teacher is fun
Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 AM   #12
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,373 Posts

I played fullback and nose tackle in high school.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #13
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Just wondering who here has played football, when and what position.I played for just one season in an amateur league before injuries and career changes forced me to stop. I was back up RB and totalled 400 yds and 4 TDS
Where abouts in Oz did you get to play? What other types of football did / have you played?

Would have loved to played but no chance out here in the bush. Would have loved to have played middle linebacker or strong safety if given the chance.

I know you guys dont classify our games as football but here goes.

Played soccer, aussie rules and rugby league as a kid throughout school.

Played rugby union for five years at university mainly as a fullback. ( Probably best translates to free safety who played clean up on defence and punt returner on offense with the extra responsibility of kicking the ball when needed)

Then played four years of Aussie Rules football after that. Bit like playing on special teams all the time with guys flying around everywhere all the time.

We are lucky that every town has an organised football team in at least one football code.

Some guys play into their 40's. We know have over 40's and 50's golden oldies competitions in all football codes. We are spoilt with opportunities to keep playing football whatever our age or talent levels. Maybe thats why we are all old and broken down.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #14
Boomerang
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Where abouts in Oz did you get to play? What other types of football did / have you played?

Would have loved to played but no chance out here in the bush. Would have loved to have played middle linebacker or strong safety if given the chance.

I know you guys dont classify our games as football but here goes.

Played soccer, aussie rules and rugby league as a kid throughout school.

Played rugby union for five years at university mainly as a fullback. ( Probably best translates to free safety who played clean up on defence and punt returner on offense with the extra responsibility of kicking the ball when needed)

Then played four years of Aussie Rules football after that. Bit like playing on special teams all the time with guys flying around everywhere all the time.

We are lucky that every town has an organised football team in at least one football code.

Some guys play into their 40's. We know have over 40's and 50's golden oldies competitions in all football codes. We are spoilt with opportunities to keep playing football whatever our age or talent levels. Maybe thats why we are all old and broken down.
Hi Aussie Steeler
I gotta confess i am a POM and emigrated from the UK in 2005.Been in OZ for 2 years now and me ,wife and kids love it here and are pleased to call Australia our home now.Aussie are great folks and the beach,barby,beer lifestyle is really suiting me even after a long day at work.
Played american football in the uk many moons ago in amateur leagues set up in the Midlands and really enjoyed it until injuries caught up with me.
Now i concentrate all my passion on the Steelers and the tv gets a lot of hollering and cheering from me.

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #15
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Being a steeler fan cancels out the fact you were once a POM. I'll still credit you as an Aussie.

We only have problems with the POMS who support other teams and troll around.

I'm keen to find out amongst our fellow posters who were the hardhitting linebackers back in their glory days .
Old 10-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #16
Boomerang
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Being a steeler fan cancels out the fact you were once a POM. I'll still credit you as an Aussie.

We only have problems with the POMS who support other teams and troll around.

I'm keen to find out amongst our fellow posters who were the hardhitting linebackers back in their glory days .
GOOD ONYA,the Oz Steeler nation is alive and kicking.Sad but true i still can replay my very first TD in my head as if it were yesterday.What i feeling getting in the end zone for my first TD.

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #17
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I played one year, center. I flat out wasn't mean enough, and felt lost on the field. I did continue with basketball and baseball. Still, they were just games to me. I didn't understand the concept of competition (competition is different from winning and losing). I was too naive.

Our HS team went on to be WPIAL runners-up when I was a senior (after I left).
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #18
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

my freshman year i lead the JV team to the district championship as the quarterback. but since i was 5-9 and 215 they saw me more as a fullback on varsity. so i spent the next three years at fullback. i ran for 2300 yards in three years on varsity. at quarterback i ran for 5 TD and had 4 passing
Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #19
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

All State OLB (but played ILB and DE at different times)....I Still have an invitation somewhere from Boston College to try out for their team...also got several offers from smaller midwest schools ...but in the second to last game of the season I tore an ACL and cartlidge in my right knee and in the 80's that injury meant you were DONE!!
...regrets.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #20
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
All State OLB (but played ILB and DE at different times)....I Still have an invitation somewhere from Boston College to try out for their team...also got several offers from smaller midwest schools ...but in the second to last game of the season I tore an ACL and cartlidge in my right knee and in the 80's that injury meant you were DONE!!
...regrets.
that suks. i had a offer from a DII school and a tryout for UVA but i broke my collarbone my senior year and they pulled the offer, and my grades werent good enough to get into UVA