Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 AM   #1
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Problems with the Redskins headsets

Quote:
Campbell said he missed a couple plays because of problems with his headset, but neither he nor Gibbs made a big issue of it.

"It's intermittent," Gibb said. "It's something that's going on in the NFL. I don't think that right now I ought to address it, because if I do I certainly don't want to use that as an excuse on us for anything that happened today. I will continue to let the league know what happened to us and we'll just have to see how they deal with it."
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._for_redskins/

No matter how the redskins play this one out they will be painted as the bad guys. If your not on the Pats band wagon then you are sure to be thrown under it.

Whats the deal with all this smoke? If it looks like a fire and smells like a fire then surely there has to be some sort of fire???
Old 10-29-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,967 Times in 3,516 Posts
Default Re: Problems with the Redskins headsets

Gibbs refused to shake hands with Belicheat after the game (probably something to do with going for it on 4th and 1) - outside of the Steelers in an elimination game I will never have rooted harder for a team than for Indy this Sunday

The problems with the headsets probably are the Pats flipping off Goodell
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Gibbs refused to shake hands with Belicheat after the game (probably something to do with going for it on 4th and 1) - outside of the Steelers in an elimination game I will never have rooted harder for a team than for Indy this Sunday

The problems with the headsets probably are the Pats flipping off Goodell
Dan, they shook. If you check that link, there is a picture of them shaking hands.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,050 Times in 393 Posts

Like Crushzilla said in another thread, until someone takes the football and shoves it up their collective ass and beats them, the classless BS will continue.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Dan, they shook. If you check that link, there is a picture of them shaking hands.
After reading the Washington Post I stand corrected - sorry for the embellishment on Gibbs being ticked off

But most alarming was the sight of Patriots Coach Bill Belichick, late in the game, asking Brady to convert a fourth-down play in an attempt to drive the score higher. It is a tactic called running up the score. And it is rarely done in professional football -- especially to Gibbs, the Redskins coach in his second tour with the team. So when Brady converted and later dived into the end zone for a touchdown, the 68,756 at Gillette Stadium roared.

Gibbs glared. After the game, he barely shook Belichick's hand as he raced off the field.

The Redskins did not openly complain about the fourth-down play. When asked what he thought of it Gibbs said, "I have no problem with anything that they did. Nothing. No problems from me." ... One player wondered privately about the karmic consequences of such a move on New England's part

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102801741.html

Does anyone else think Pats hatred has extended from fans to players & coaches, who usually do not go there?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Hmmmmmm. The Patriots hand a team their worse loss in 50 years. The Patriots have been rumored to steal calls in their own stadium via highjacking the headsets of opposing teams. The Redskins report problems with their headsets.

This is a joke, right?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Hmmmmmm. The Patriots hand a team their worse loss in 50 years. The Patriots have been rumored to steal calls in their own stadium via highjacking the headsets of opposing teams. The Redskins report problems with their headsets.

This is a joke, right?
Gibbs stated in the post-game the Skins have had problems with the headsets in other stadiums (Philly & Green bay), but of course other teams also have experienced these problems in Foxborough

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102801563.html

It is a rebuttable presumption that any problems the opposing team has on the Reich's home turf are no accident.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I hate to say it, but if you want to get off the field, stuff them on that 4th down play. What would kicking a field goal have done? Run up the score, that's what. At least the 4th down play gave the 'Skins a chance. Taking a knee or conceding with a run up the middle would have been insulting. You want to stop them? Stop them. No one gets anything for free.

That being said, karma is a bitch. Even if it doesn't come back this season, it will definitely come back and bite them.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

if they go on to win the superbowl they have to be the barry bonds of the nfl and put a asterix next to their name. I just want the colts to blow out the pats so bad and this is the first time i ever root for the colts.

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,853 Times in 3,716 Posts

it'd be nice to see a team flip the script and steal all the patriots signals. unfortunately belichick is too smart for this. the team employs 14 Navajo "windtalkers" to devise codes and send in signals.

what can you do?