Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #1
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Fourth Quarter Offense

First and foremost. When is an opponent allowed to slam our QB into the ground without any consequences? The retaliation was almost an embarassment being on a SNF broadcast. I hope that gets fixed.

Major thanks to the NFL Network After finally seeing the game on NFL Replay I really watched two.

The second quarter was an utter disaster. The fire spread and spread. There were a number of broken plays that blew up when the ball was snapped and you have to put that on the OC. The bad snap/QB fumble was a ten point turnaround. THAT was not getting "outcoached" or the result of "overcoaching."

It's what happened after the snaps that was even a bigger problem in the second quarter. Instead of bringing the receivers back to the line of scrimmage Ben had dreams of the back corner of the endzone. He practically pointed to the heavens a couple times during plays. He shouldn't be playing this game with a joystick.

The Fourth Quarter Offense in Denver ran on ALL cylinders. Perfectly. The ball came out quicker and the line got in sync. So I guess that's Tomlin's fault too.

And since our defensive coordinator has been running this defense since the Ice Age I'd expect that this squad will pull their heads out of their...um funk, yeah funk and show a different mindset in Cincinatti.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Fourth Quarter Offense

Dude you're right the second quarter was just a total disaster....It was one of the worst quarters I have seen in recent time....Nothing seemed to go right.....lol

The Steelers seem to be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at times so far this year....Can't figure them out....Lots of football left so no need to panic from me yet...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,902 Times in 1,636 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think tomlin will address these needs this week you will see a different team this game I just hope we can fix the offensive line and not let them get pressure on ben.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Maybe the fact that the 4th quarter offense works so well is that the Denver D, or any other defense, is already tired by then. just a thought
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
Welcome To Smashmouth
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6038

how about 4th quarter DEFENSE??

Our D has been lights-out this year, but that game-winning drive on our D against DEN was a killer
Welcome To Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:54 AM   #6
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

That was the first real bad game for our defense and, I'm sure we will play better this week. Well will better because Palmer is a good Qb. We should crush the bungles able, get back to our winning ways. We still need a good mix of plays on the offense run and pass. Just the o line needs to protect Ben better than they have been doing. Ben has been running for his life a little too much for my liking but, he does make some big plays when he moves around in the pocket. Hopefully Willie will be able to have a big day.
We Dey!!
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote