Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1
Default Round 1 For Pittsburgh

Will the Jets enter Pittsburgh territory with unstoppable firepower or will the Steelers hold their ground and destroy the enemy within minutes? What are your thoughts?

I respect the Jets, but with the way the Steelers are playing there is no way they can lose the war. The Jets are 0-6 at Pittsburgh and I don't think that streak is going to change anytime soon.

The team that is going to win is the team that wants it more, and I truly believe that team is Pittsburgh.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #2
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: Round 1 For Pittsburgh

Lets go to the tape:

Offense: both are ball control crews but PIT has more playmakers. Think about it. If you had to choose one who would you take, Bettis/Staley or Martin, Jordan; Burress and Ward or Moss(ahem...Santana)and Chrebet; etc. the list goes on. Plus in case of a shootout, we can go downfield, NYJ doesn't have that luxury all day.

Defense: I'd like to think that being #1 in the NFL gives you the edge here, but for conversation. NYJ gave up a 10 point lead to SD this weekend. Bill Cowher is something like 78-1-1 when up by 10. Last time I checked PIT's scoring average in its history was like 22 so that means we only let teams score maybe 12. We stop the run and zone the pass, advantage us.

Special teams: Seems they get us in the playoffs, but Gardocki is great at not outkicking the coverage and Reed seems so confident at whatever range, so I would say us playing on our unpredeictable home turf.

So there you go, edge to us in the big three categories. Lets hope the game is as big a rout as the stat sheet.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Round 1 For Pittsburgh

nthe return game of the jets is a concern though, cotchery returned 1 for a TD recently, so we gotta be careful. our ST are much better than back a coupleyears ago in the playoffs, especially coverage wise, and getting more players healthy allows more of the current starter/reserves to focus more on ST and stopping that big play ability in their return game.

still though, at home and overall..the edge goes to the Steelers. we'll just wear em down. I look for Ben to try and exploit that secondary alittle more this time, with Plax back. We gotta be careful though, in the first game, we passed more than 50% of the time on first time, and that put us in alot of third and longs. as long as we play our game, we should be fine.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote