Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,301 Times in 3,268 Posts
Default Re: Dr.Z: Steelers headed for a season collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Again; it's all filler. No one remembers any of last week's predictions, let alone last years, or those from 5 years ago. The guy has to produce a column, so once a week he guesses. Same as every other writer.

Tom
Agreed - at least the picks might be of some use to gamblers - the complete waste of time is the weekly power rankings
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #22
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

The Steelers are maybe not as good as I was starting to think. Do I think that they are gonna colapse now?... No, I dont. But they must get back to the better run blocking and testing down field more on the passing game. The 1st 2 or 3 games, they were throwing deep atleast 2 or 3 times a game. Well, the last few games they have stopped unless it is Ben scrambling out of the pocket. The Steelers could go 3-0 in the next 3 and be in very good shape. But as we all know as Steelers fans.. the Bengals are gonna play as hard against us as anyone they will play all year. The Ravens are always gonna give us a hard time with their defense, but their offense is struggling as bad as I can ever remember. We should Win that Game!! The Browns are looking very much improved and that 2nd meeting wont be as easy as the first one.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #23
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'd have to say that Dr. Z needs to put the crack pipe down. The Steelers were one of the best in the NFL before the bye and had a bit of a meltdown last week in Denver - sh it happens. I believe that our guys believe in themselves and in each other - they're going to step it up this week in Cincy and slap that egg all over Dr. Z's puss.

Geez - what is it with these talking heads getting down on the black and gold after 2 losses out of 6 games???? Oh that's right silly me - we aren't the Cheatsies or the Colts. What on earth was I thinking?
HTG....maybe Bob Smizik and Dr. Z are in bed together?
Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #24
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

Even if the Steelers lose against the Bengals I totally disagree. The loss to Denver was a disappointment but not a complete surprise. If Cutler and the Broncos played ball like they new how they would have not had the record they had when the Steelers went to Denver.

At the beginning of the season I thought the Denver game could go either way and when I saw the Steelers come out kinda lack-luster in the first half (also stated by John Madden) I knew they were in trouble. the fact that they came back and almost won in the end tells me that at half time Tomlin lit a fire under their buts.

The main thing I see with our team is the defensive secondary and no fullback in the backfield.

The game coming up against Cinci is what I believe has turned into our most heated rival. I know there is more hitting against the Ravens but after we knocked the Bengals out of the play-offs last year they are going to be fired up for this one. Add to that the Steelers have beaten them the last four times they played in Cinci and you've got a team who will look at this game as a play-off game and nothing less.

I disagree with his post.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #25
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I would like to know when accountability for the hundreds of predictions that are wrong comes into play. Most of these guys aren't any better at predictions than the average guy sitting next to you at the bar.
these guys aren't getting paid for getting the predictions right, they get paid for interesting commentary, ie selling a story. all you need is an opinion and a megaphone to get ratings, and that's all they are after.

did you ever watch the weather? they predict lots of rain when it's raining, and lots of sun when it's clear. after last years performance, everyone wants to be the guy that callled the collapse of pittsburgh (just like everyone wants to anoint the f---ing patriots) after every loss.

last year everyone predicted pittsburgh to win the division.

these guys know little, and it means NOTHING