Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Keyshawn vs. Ocho-Cinco - A Sad Display

I saw this interview on the weekend and stumbled across this recount.

It was truly a sad display on ESPN's behalf having these two intellectual giants debate.

I dont know which Johnson is the bigger clown
( QUestion: is Johnson an American term for dick??? how true if that is the case)

http://www.chicagosportsreview.com/i...w.asp?c=202993

Enjoy the read at the expense of these two
Old 10-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903
Default Re: Keyshawn vs. Ocho-Cinco - A Sad Display

This is a really low shot from Keyshawn. But, I don't think it has much to do with Keyshawn. ESPN is a terrible network, allowing a lot of things to go on, that frankly shouldn't. They could have made very clear lines in the sand for Keyshawn NOT to cross.

Another ball dropped from ESPN.

Does anyone know when this took place?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Gee, sorry I missed it. Until ESPN goes back to placing an emphasis on the "S" in its name as opposed to the "E," I won't be tuning in.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,915 Times in 4,517 Posts

this was a great interview shown 2 sundays ago. im sure it doesnt come across as well in the transcripts, but you really get insight into how trully clueless chad johnson is.

its almost like keyshawn is trying to hold a heart to heart intervention and chad is just doesnt get that he has/is a problem.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
KYSteelersfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7447

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
this was a great interview shown 2 sundays ago. im sure it doesnt come across as well in the transcripts, but you really get insight into how trully clueless chad johnson is.

its almost like keyshawn is trying to hold a heart to heart intervention and chad is just doesnt get that he has/is a problem.
You know, I saw that interview. I remember thinking to myself: "Do you hear how stupid you sound Chad" The guy is freaking idiot and doesn't know it
Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,915 Times in 4,517 Posts

jason whitlock has been on a roll for about a month in regards to ripping chad. heres his take on the interview:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7374232

Quote:
OK, I'm heavy on NFL broadcaster talk and Chad Johnson early in this column. But I get to other stuff. Stick with me.

Here are your 10 NFL Truths for Week 8:
10. Let me tip my hat to ESPN's Keyshawn Johnson for his wonderful, tension-filled interview with Chad Johnson last weekend.

Keyshawn confronted Mr. Bojangles in a way that the majority of broadcasters and journalists wouldn't dare. Keyshawn is receiving some criticism for the interview because you could argue that Keyshawn — sans the elaborate TD celebrations — was a disruptive locker-room force during his playing career much like Chad Johnson. Remember, Keyshawn is the guy who jealously attacked Wayne Chrebet for no reason.

That bit of hypocrisy didn't bother me because Keyshawn is no longer a player. He's a member of the media, and he performed his job beautifully. That's all I can ask as a viewer.

Well, I do wish Keyshawn had pointed out to Chad that the Bengals haven't won a damn thing in Chad's era. In his one playoff game, Chad melted down at halftime with the Bengals holding a lead simply because he hadn't caught enough passes. Chad Johnson foolishly believes he's a "winner."

There's no evidence of that.

9. ESPN's version of "60 Minutes" — "E:60" — has a chance to be one of the most entertaining shows on TV, if it would stick to just airing the "pitch meetings."

Based on reporter/Around the Horn debater Michael Smith's pitch of a story on Chad Johnson, E:60 might be the most honest, unintentionally funny show on cable.

Let me say this off the top: I'm a Michael Smith fan. He's a young brother with talent and passion for the profession. But developing, nurturing and guiding talented young brothers and sisters is not ESPN's strength.

Overexposing them, putting them in positions they're not ready for and pushing them to be more like Stuart Scott is what ESPN does best. Stephen A. Smith was well on his way to being one of the most important sports journalists today until ESPN executives snatched him and put him in position to fail with a TV talk show.

Is Michael Smith next? If he's caught on camera one more time trying to explain to a group of grown folks why Chad Johnson's shucking, jiving and bojangling are "easily one of the most compelling moments in pro football today, if not all of sports for that matter ... Like, everybody is watching to see what he's going to do."

The look on Lisa Salters' face as Smith pitched this load of garbage was priceless. Watch the 11-minute pitch video. I can't do it justice. Seriously, at one point Salters' gasped in disgust and the room broke into nervous laughter when Smith tried to put a positive spin on Johnson having four kids by three different women.

Oh, this was raw, unvarnished truth that really needs to be aired in its entirety. The pitch meeting was far more enlightening, entertaining and honest than the actual package on Johnson. You got a real look at how the media operate and why we broadcast and publish so many fairytales.

When Smith tried to convince his colleagues that there was something terribly unique about a black man playing the clown to the delight of mainstream, corporate America, all I could think about is that "Roots" needs to be re-aired in primetime. It's like we forgot Fiddler, the original Chad Johnson.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Man, I wish I could see this interview. I'm searching youtube and have not found it.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

This was all I could find and I find it very, very, very hard to listen and look at Skip Bayliss.....

[YOUTUBE]5306qwO1WcQ[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #9
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

The funniest thing about this is... Chad and Key are cousins!

Seriously.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464

i still like chad regardless of the interview or what team he plays for.
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote