Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #21
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,027 Times in 385 Posts
Default Re: Midseason Report Card for the Steelers and Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
RB: A- (Willie. P. is having a fine year, but the fumbles are a lurking concern,
Prov - did you kidnap Dan?
Of course not - if that were the case, he'd have given the entire team an F and blamed it all on Willie.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #22
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

QB: B+. Ben still makes the silly interception. But his ability to make broken plays work is an invaluable skill.

RB: A. You couldn't ask for more without seeming greedy.

WR/TE: B+. They're doing a great job, but there are better guys around the league still.

OLine: B-. Good run blocking, inconsistent pass blocking. But we're 5-2, so anything lower than this isn't being fair.

Offense: B+

DLine: A-. The minus is for the performance in Denver.

LBers: A-. Same answer.

Secondary: A-, same answer.

Defense: A-. Same answer.

Special Teams: C. Where is our special punter? And Reed's kickoffs are short of the goal line again. Coverage on kicks, both for and against, is mediocre. Rossum's TD saves this from being a C-.

Coaching: B. Tomlin is doing well, but I think you have to put the intellectual and physical together with the emotional. The burning fire is what is setting the Pats apart this year. Coach Tomlin needs to burn.

2007 Regular Season Final Record: 11-5, and a first round playoff exit.

Last edited by Mosca; 10-31-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #23
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Remember that Ben is only into his 7th game of calling out O-line blocking assignments. Watch, every now and then you see one of the linemen set up to block someone who isn't there, while a linebacker blows through untouched. That is on-the-fly lack of adjustment, not a lack of skill or strength or speed. It will solve itself as Ben gets better at it.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 PM   #24
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,904 Times in 3,494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
2007 Regular Season Final Record: 11-5, and a first round playoff exit.
You see a home playoff loss to Jax or Tennessee (or the Browns winning the division and a road loss to Cleveland or San Diego)?

I cannot fathom a win at Indy or New England, but I am assuming they win at home on the first playoff weekend.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #25
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

QB A

RB A

W/R T/E B+

O LINE C-

OFFENSE B+

D LINE A+

L BERS A-

SECONDARY B+

DEFENSE A

SPECIAL TEAMS C

COACHING A

2007 REGULAR SEASON FINAL RECORD 12-4
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #26
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You see a home playoff loss to Jax or Tennessee (or the Browns winning the division and a road loss to Cleveland or San Diego)?

I cannot fathom a win at Indy or New England, but I am assuming they win at home on the first playoff weekend.
Naw, I had it wrong in my head. I was figuring we'd lose our first game to either of those two teams. I had the playoff pairings mixed up in my head.

Tom
Old 10-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #27
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

QB: B+ Can definitly tell that last year was an abberation as he's back to his old self

RB: A+ - Yea, no surprise here

WR/TE: A- - I'm loving our WR's and TE's in our passing game

OLine: C - ehh a little under than decent but an improvment from last year

Offense: B+ - Offense much better now than in the Cowher years and I'm digging it!

Dline: B+- Could be better, let Cincy's backup RB run all over us but shutdown Shaun Alexander

LBers: A+ - No surprise

Secondary: B - ehhh not so good against Denver but overall pretty good

Defense: A - I know I have only one A for one unit on the D and A for the whole defense but this D is very good like always

Special Teams - C+ - Agree with what everyone else said about ST

Coaching: A- - Some incosistency but hey I like Tomlin and gang so far

Prediction: 11-5 winning the AFCN
Old 10-31-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
My Mood: Stressed

Did anyone review the schedule? The Browns have a bunch of loser remaining on their scedule the Steeler MUST beat them or have big time problems because Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards can play
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #29
zoneblitz43
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6120

QB: B+. Ben has shown a lot of improvement, and his 15 td's and 102 passer rating shows it. Get rid of the silly turnovers such as the pick thrown to Deltha O'Neal last Sunday and the disasterous pick thrown to Adrian Wilson and he would get an A.

RB: B+. Willie has done a great job aside from the game at Arizona. Davenport has impressed me, and we have good depth at both RB and FB positions.

WR/TE: A. Miller and Spaeth have been awesome in the red zone. It's about time they started utilizing Miller's talent. Spaeth is an excellent red zone target. Ward slumped for a while and got injured but he is getting his game back. Holmes is quickly becoming a star.

OLine: C-. The o-line is the weakness of the Steelers. Ben doesn't have time to throw the ball, all too often he is being sacked or trying to avoid being sacked on passing plays. Ben is still new at calling the blocking assignments, so hopefully we will see this problem solve itself.

Offense: B+.

DLine: B+. Do a great job of stopping the run. Smith, Hampton, and Keisel are the best 3-4 d-line in the NFL.

LBers: B+. The only problem here is difficulty getting to the QB past couple games, but doing a great job stopping the run. Farrior shows he is still a great player. Lamarr Woodley has a future.

Secondary: B. A lot of improvement, however we need to stop dropping those interceptions.

Defense: B+

Special Teams:B-. Stopped turning the ball over is a huge relief. Sepulveda and Jeff Reed have done well. Punt coverage is still awful.

Coaching:B so far, Tomlin has impressed and shows no signs of stopping. LeBeau is the best defensive coordinatior in the league, and I like that the coaching staff is giving Ben the freedom to make decisions instead of making the decisions for him.

2007 Regular Season Final Record: 12-4
zoneblitz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #30
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

QB: A. Ben looks like the Ben of 2004-05 instead of the first half of 2006.

RB: A. Willie is awesome.

WR/TE: A. Miller and Spaeth have been awesome in the red zone. It's about time they started utilizing Miller's talent. Spaeth is an excellent red zone target. Ward slumped for a while and got injured but he is getting his game back. Holmes is quickly becoming a star.--Can't improve on that at all.

OLine: D. First half of the Denver game, Ben spent more time on his back than Britney Spears. He made some jaw-dropping plays against the Bungholes, but most of them involved making a play with the entire defense hanging on him.

Offense: A-

Defense: Grading as a unit--the biggest problem is giving up ttoo many yards on short passes, but i don't know whether to blame the pass rush or the coverage.

Special Teams:B. Sepulveda is awesome and Reed's getting the job done. Rossum is a decent returner.

Coaching: A. Tomlin was the best hire of the offseason, and LeBeau brings experience and stability that will pay off in the postseason.

2007 Regular Season Final Record: 12-4. All of the remaining games are winnable--only the Patricheats would even be an upset--but I still think we drop a couple along the way.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote