Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default How are you dealing with the season so far...

I know in past years, we've fallen apart way before this, but this team just seems to have that knack, that aire about them. Im trying to keep myself grounded and not look ahead, but I want another SB ring so bad its not even funny !

The new coaches and youth inserted into the team have definately revitalized us !

I still do all my Steelers rituals b/4 the games ;) and Im keeping my fingers crossed and cheering hard like always.

Here's to finally getting 1 for the Thumb!!! 8)
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 AM   #2
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: How are you dealing with the season so far...

I hear you on wanting a SB victory so bad. I can't tell you how much it makes me upset that SF and Dallas have five rings. As for this years team, I have noticed a couple things:
1) Red zone effeciency. This year was so far above past playoff runs that I feel we are finally putting pressure on other teams to respond. In previous years we would outgain teams and have high TOP, but only kick field goals. Now, putting 6 on the board is a priority.
2) style of game: our style is run and stop the run. If we get it that way, great. This year though, say a team wants to open it up. I see plenty of smiles on our sideline, because it makes the games fun, not nervous like uh-oh we gotta pass or need a big play. Guys are looking to get the ball. People want to make the play this year and are not afraid of maybe being the "goat"
3) substance not style. For a while it was blitzes. Then Kordell, then trick plays. This year we tell teams exactly what we are going to do. We are going to run (insert running back name here) behind Faneca, Hartings and Smith all day. Just when you move extra guys in we will pass just to keep you honest. On defense, we are not blitzing. We are rushing four guys. You just have to guess which four. This builds confidence in skill not scheme.

Because of this I have a good feeling about whoever plays us at home. Pack a lunch cause its going to be a long day.