Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #341
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,650
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,603
Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,383 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I was at Bettis' place, and THEY had almost EVERY TV TUNED TO THE PATS/COLTS GAME!!!

I couldn't believe it. They had six TV's in the area I was, 4 was on the Pats game, one on the Oakland game, one on the cleveland game.

What I don't undestand, is that the BROWNS game has a HECK OF A LOT MORE IMPORTANCE to us... but only ONE TV was tuned to it!
It shows to me two things - 1) Pittsburgh fans are knowledgeable football fans and most wanted to see one of the best regular season match-ups in years (as I assume was the case with most of us who had DirecTV and could watch either 4 pm game); and 2) the Browns are not yet recognized by most fans as the greatest threat to the Steelers prospects for winning the division - most fans presumably have not looked at how soft the Browns remaining schedule is outside of the trips to Pittsburgh & Baltimore and most Steelers fans presumably have not spent any significant length of time watching Cleveland since the Steelers waxed them on opening day.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #342
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter
 
touchdownward's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,011
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

The people at CBS are no fools, they broadcasted this game all over the country except for the Houston area, where they showed the texans.
This was a great game, just the wrong team won.
__________________


Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #343
moedap
Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 400
Member Number: 2890
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

For 3 qtrs and 6 minutes the Colts held Moss and the others in check. Our defense as a whole is better than the Colts. It wasnt Ike who held Seattle in check it was the Cover 2 that kept them in check. It the same thing thats going to keep N.E. in check.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #344
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,005
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 106 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
The people at CBS are no fools, they broadcasted this game all over the country except for the Houston area, where they showed the texans.
This was a great game, just the wrong team won.
cleveland didnt see it either.. unless you went to a bar like myself. i got to watch two great games, but both ended bad.
__________________
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #345
The Duke
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,459
Gender: Male
Member Number: 4800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
For 3 qtrs and 6 minutes the Colts held Moss and the others in check. Our defense as a whole is better than the Colts. It wasnt Ike who held Seattle in check it was the Cover 2 that kept them in check. It the same thing thats going to keep N.E. in check.
agree, moss can be contained, let's just hope the defense shows up that day. but I just hope we beat this guys in the playoffs, and to get there we need to beat this ratbirds, o bring on the ravens!
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #346
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
agree, moss can be contained, let's just hope the defense shows up that day. but I just hope we beat this guys in the playoffs, and to get there we need to beat this ratbirds, o bring on the ravens!
Moss can be contained with the front 4 get pressure like Indy did with their line. So far this season, our front 3 or even when we bring 6 is not getting to the QB. If we cannot generate any kind of pressure on Brady and we are bringing 6 on the pass rush, he will eat our secondary alive.

Like it or not folks, we are not getting pressure with only sending 4 or 5 right now. Our secondary is not good enough to contain Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, and Gaffney with no pass rush.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #347
Hines0wnz
Living Legend
 
Hines0wnz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,074
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Game of The Era Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
Moss can be contained with the front 4 get pressure like Indy did with their line. So far this season, our front 3 or even when we bring 6 is not getting to the QB. If we cannot generate any kind of pressure on Brady and we are bringing 6 on the pass rush, he will eat our secondary alive.

Like it or not folks, we are not getting pressure with only sending 4 or 5 right now. Our secondary is not good enough to contain Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, and Gaffney with no pass rush.
I dont know, Indy showed how to beat the Pats for 45+ minutes. If the Steelers can play D, ST and O for 60 minutes they might surprise everyone.
__________________
Hines0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts