Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #31
STEEL-MAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 391
Default Re: Baltimore Sun - Sour Grapes Column Of The Year

Ravens are a team out of touch. Bart Scott supposedly is one of the more respected players for them...what joke! They're in so much denial of how badly they got beat Monday Night, they think denial is a river in Egypt I love it!
STEEL-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #32
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
So let me play devil's advocate here. James Farrior made some comments this week about Kellen Winslow saying "he better have his head on a swivel". I did not see the game against Cleveland where Winslow threw a late block against James, but I understand this is the reason why James made his comments. Personally, I wish players would do less talking of this type and let their play speak for itself. However, how do you reconcile Scott's comments with what James said, and if you were a Cleveland fan, wouldn't you have a problem with Farrior's comments? Just throwing those points out there. Don't hate.
I don't think Farrior made the statement that he would take cheap shots (in so many words):

Quote:
Scott threatened Ward again during his weekly radio show, vowing to ?knock his head off his shoulders,? adding that he would gladly pay a hefty fine to get revenge on the feisty wideout and extended his threat to Ward?s teammates, too.
Threatening to hit someone hard and threatening to take cheap shots and even "kill" somebody? Two entirely different things.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #33
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

I agree that Scott is taking this whole Hines Ward block to an extreme level, to put it mildly. I just hope Farrior does not go looking for Winslow and in the process take himself out of a play or draw a penalty. I would expect the referees to be watching that situation closely.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #34
KYSteelersfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7447

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
I agree that Scott is taking this whole Hines Ward block to an extreme level, to put it mildly. I just hope Farrior does not go looking for Winslow and in the process take himself out of a play or draw a penalty. I would expect the referees to be watching that situation closely.
The refs will be too busy picking up the ball from Derek Anderson after he gets sacked.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #35
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Farrior is not the type of player to take a cheap shot

But Farrior defends the middle of the field and will see a lot of Winslow.
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #36
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Scott threatened Ward again during his weekly radio show, vowing to ?knock his head off his shoulders,? adding that he would gladly pay a hefty fine to get revenge on the feisty wideout and extended his threat to Ward?s teammates, too.
What an absolute idiot, to say such a thing in a radio show. You may rest assured that the NFL will inform Mr. Scott prior to the start of the Steelers/Ravens game on December 31, that they are aware of the public threats he has made against various Steelers and that they will be watching him closely at all times, subjecting him to serious punishment if he aims to deliberately injure a player.

Do I recall correctly that this happened in another Steelers game awhile back? Seems like someone on another team made similar threats of violence and they were publicly warned by the NFL.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #37
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

That's funny how they are baggin on Willie. Big Ben was lighting up their secondary so we probably didn't miss WP's yardage. They might have stopped WP but what the hell was up with the aerial assault that was unleashed on them?

If Pryce learned how to tackle it could have been one less TD for us maybe? Price is the one who played like he was 5'9. What a bunch of classless *******s.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #38
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Classic Hines Ward commentary from SteelCityInsider.com and Jim Wexell:

Quote:
More Hines: I told Hines about Bart Scott's threats on his radio show in Baltimore, that he'll get even with Ward if it takes him 15 years. Hines laughed.

"Tell him to join the club," Ward said.

I asked Ward if he ever lost sleep over the long list of players who want revenge on him for his blocking.

"No way," he said firmly. "They all say it, but nothing ever comes of it. All I know is that Santonio (Holmes)is doing it now, Cedrick (Wilson) blew someone up on a punt return, and Nate (Washington) is looking to do it. Are these guys going to take out our whole team? No. They're worried about us during the game, not looking to kill us. They've all got their heads on a swivel and that means we've achieved our goal. I just love to see big, bad defensive players worrying about little old receivers."

Did Scott threaten you with a gun? I thought that's what you said the other night.

"No, I said I asked him if he was going to use a gun and he said no, but that he was still going to kill me."

He said you cheap-shotted him since the runner was going out of bounds and he was easing up.

"That's a lie. What defensive player assumes Willie Parker is going out of bounds? No, he was still going full speed and I popped him good. He got up and started yelling, 'I'll kill you! I'll kill you!' I love playing against Bart Scott. He's so funny. He reminds me of Joey."
http://pit.scout.com/2/699466.html
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #39
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,405 Posts

i'd just LOVE to see hines jack Scott up AGAIN the next time they play....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #40
filthyfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 7625

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
Ray needs to man up on this and, i guess that will never happen. To me all that matters is make the playoffs and, then we will see what happens. You know who gave us half of a chance in out 2005 super bowl run? Not many people and, really think we can do this. It all comes down to our defense getting prussure on the other teams qb and, then on Ben making good decisions. Look at brady & manning when they get pressure they look like a very normal qb. if Ben can elude the pass rush he makes some great plays in the passing game. I think we have a good shot to run the tables if we can stay healthy.

Again back to the criminal known as Ray once we lay the smack down on him and the ratbirds in the last game of the season in Baltimore like he is calling for they will have a losing season. As far as I can see the browns will give the ratbirds all they want as well. I would love to see us get 100 yards on the ground against the ratbirds that might shut him up. Or he would just make more lame excuses like always it is never his fault. See ray on defense there is something about stopping the run and The Pass. Last time I looked Big ben had td passes on your great defense.

....Agree Striker....Big Ben is a very good QB.....What has kept him from going to the next level is his decision making under pressure...he wants to make a play sooooo badly that he will frequently force the ball into a dangerous situation instead of throwing it away or tucking and running. Not sure if you noticed Monday night...3rd and 2...he dropped back...saw no one open...began to run....clearly had the first down in hand...but chose instead to force the throw....went incomplete. I'm hoping its just a matter of maturity that comes with time....
As far as the rushing of WP Monday...field was horrible..no ability to cut...WP LIVES ON THE ABILITY TO MAKE THE QUICK CUT....it was not surprising he had a down night in those conditions...in fact Naj would have been the better back to try to exploit in that weather....like Bettis in the Bears game 05' in the heavy wet snow.
My son and I are making our way to the STEEL CITY from Maine to catch their beat down on the brownies this Sunday...we are sooooo pumped!!
filthyfan is offline   Reply With Quote