Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Halloween Costumes (Warning included)...Pics Included

Anybody hitting any costume parties this year? I have a big one for work, with a bunch of clients showing up as well as the general public, so I need a cool costume. After much deliberating, eBay shopping, and Costume Rental browsing, I've decided to make my own costume this year...why not? In the long run, it's cost effective, and it'll fit me perfectly. I'll be going as a Jedi Knight.

So I need a few things to start. 1st up, Light Saber. $18 at Wal-Mart.
Next, an actual costume. There was a ton of crappy stuff online and around the shops for $20. I passed...I'm going to sew my own.
Pattern from Simplicity: $16.95
Material: Holy Shit, is this stuff expensive! I need 14 yards of material, and the initial plan had me using wool! Wool! They don't even have it, and if they did, I'd have to probably have to sell my TV to pay for it! Even the inexpensive materials are $5-7 a yard! I shop around and find some off-white cotton stuff for a buck a yard, and I buy some brown dye for my Jedi Robe. $20
Finally, I need some boots. At the beginning of this process, I would have been perfectly happy wearing my Vasque Climbing boots, but, if I'm going to sew, Goddamnit, I'm going to buy some Jedi Boots! So I start looking...I find a few pairs...$395!!!!!!!! Um, no. I finally waste almost a whole day at work and find a pair for $50, including shipping on the net. Now I have everything I need, and I need to sew the shit together....and I'm down about $100.

Here's the warning part. If you ARE going to any Halloween costume parties this year, go to the thrift store, but an old polyester suit for a buck and a half and go as a used car salesman. You'll get laughs, probably place higher than me in the costume contest, and save yourself a ton of jack!
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Halloween Costumes (Warning included)

i have dressed as norma bates, letherface from tx chainsaw, all great thrift shop costumes, however my best one which i have actually used twice has been pippi longstocking. the most expensive part of the costume has been the striped tights. heres the catch: i stuff a pair of pantyhose to look like a giant schlong and pin it up under my dress. lmao when people ask me if im pippi longstocking, i lift my dress and say "no, im pippi longcocking". always a big hit especially with the ladies and especially when you are dancing and alcholol is involved. this year im going as dorothy. ill let you imagine where "toto" will be. hint: dorothy will have a huge muff!
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

@ Pippi Longcocking... You're so bad, Tony!

I'm going as Dorothy this year, too, but as a sexier version. Shorter dress to show off my nice legs. I'll be showing a lil more cleavage than "Dorothy", too. But I'm still going to wear those cute lil ankle socks and ruby red shoes. And never you mind about my "muff", Tony!

Suit... I'm sure your costume is going to be great! Very good idea! Jedi Knight's are coolio! Good luck on that sewing thing...(lol).
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:15 PM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

A friend of mine told me about a costume at a party she once attended. I thought it was pretty funny. The lady made a costume so she would be a night stand. A lot of people didn't get the humor in the costume. My friend asked her why a night stand and she said I'm suppose to be a One Night Stand.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

I thought this was pretty funny...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19149.jpg (15.9 KB, 60 views)
Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #6
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
@ Pippi Longcocking... You're so bad, Tony!

I'm going as Dorothy this year, too, but as a sexier version. Shorter dress to show off my nice legs. I'll be showing a lil more cleavage than "Dorothy", too. But I'm still going to wear those cute lil ankle socks and ruby red shoes. And never you mind about my "muff", Tony!

Suit... I'm sure your costume is going to be great! Very good idea! Jedi Knight's are coolio! Good luck on that sewing thing...(lol).
This post does no justice without pics.....

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Im going as Paul Stanley.. imagine that

and yeah I know that stuff is expensive as all hell, thank goodness my wife is good at putting on stage makeup and my mom is handy w/a sewing machine!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:25 AM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
my mom is handy w/a sewing machine!
Did I mention I'd be sewing under the strict supervision of my mom? (Translation: The first time I screw up and start cussing out the sewing machine, I expect her to take over)
Old 10-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #9
Heinz Hitman
Water Boy

Member Number: 729

Last year my band dressed up as the Village People. It was a riot - imagine seeing the Village People on stage playing stuff by Korn, Disturbed, System of a Down, and Anthrax! People are still talking about it. Not sure what we are doing this year yet, although the Scooby Doo cast has been discussed...
Heinz Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Update: My mom did indeed take over the sewing. I tried. She took one look at my "technique" and told me to step off. I also ruined about 15 yards of material in the process. I have about 20 hours of time invested now, and about $150. The true irony is that the costume party I'm going to co-sponsored by my station, so I am ineligible for the grand prize.

I'll take some pictures and post a link...