Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #11
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: THE Ohio State Buckeyes

For the 30th time, this is one down year, and not everybody wants to play OSU! We play USC next year, so is THAT soft scheduling? And why is it OSU's fault that the Big Ten is a little down. And IS the Big Ten down? So far there are 7 teams bowl eligible and Iowa, MSU and Northwestern are all capable of becoming eligible before seasons end. If the Big ten wins 6 or 7 bowls games, that's a good year.

Anyway, Michigan in Michigan and PSU in Happy Valley are games that few teams in the Country would want to play. If they win those games, they are for real. And if they do win out and win the NC, there is no room for anyone to doubt them. In a year when teams are being upset so often that it's almost tough to still call them upsets, if a top team stays unbeaten, they deserve all the credit in the World.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #12
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

I agree Rev. Ever since OSU beat PSU, I have been hearing how "Penn State isn't as good as we thought." Maybe the Buckeyes are just way better that everyone thought. Just because Ohio State has made virtually every one of their opponents look bad does not mean that they are bad teams.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
I agree Rev. Ever since OSU beat PSU, I have been hearing how "Penn State isn't as good as we thought." Maybe the Buckeyes are just way better that everyone thought. Just because Ohio State has made virtually every one of their opponents look bad does not mean that they are bad teams.
Five of those teams that aren't bad can be called creampuffs.

Minnsota
YSU
Akron
Washington
Kent St.

not to mention a Michgan state that has gone 1-5 in the Big Ten.

Let's not jump on the "we aren't playing bad teams" bandwagon quite yet.
Every team plays a few creampuffs but OSU's schedule can be argued as suspect.

Personally I think OSU will lose either to Illinois or Michigan BUT if they win out They deserve to be in the NC GAME
Old 11-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #14
ohiosteelerfan20
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4962

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
For the 30th time, this is one down year, and not everybody wants to play OSU! We play USC next year, so is THAT soft scheduling? And why is it OSU's fault that the Big Ten is a little down. And IS the Big Ten down? So far there are 7 teams bowl eligible and Iowa, MSU and Northwestern are all capable of becoming eligible before seasons end. If the Big ten wins 6 or 7 bowls games, that's a good year.

Anyway, Michigan in Michigan and PSU in Happy Valley are games that few teams in the Country would want to play. If they win those games, they are for real. And if they do win out and win the NC, there is no room for anyone to doubt them. In a year when teams are being upset so often that it's almost tough to still call them upsets, if a top team stays unbeaten, they deserve all the credit in the World.
That is great that they are playing USC next year. But why did they schedule Youngtown St., Akron, and Kent St. this year. There is no excuse for it. Those teams are for Ohio U to play. Not Ohio State U. I am almost certain that they will crush Ill. and Mich. and will play in the NC game. But then they will have to play a team that will be much better and faster, (Oregon) or (LSU), than any team they have played this year. Kind of like last year. And how did that work out.
ohiosteelerfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #15
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosteelerfan20 View Post
That is great that they are playing USC next year. But why did they schedule Youngtown St., Akron, and Kent St. this year. There is no excuse for it. Those teams are for Ohio U to play. Not Ohio State U. I am almost certain that they will crush Ill. and Mich. and will play in the NC game. But then they will have to play a team that will be much better and faster, (Oregon) or (LSU), than any team they have played this year. Kind of like last year. And how did that work out.
They scheduled those teams to keep the t.v. revinues in Ohio. Tressels way of throwing the smaller colleges a bone.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #16
fastparker39
Water Boy

Member Number: 7304

I'm from Ohio. Ohio State has played some good teams and deserve to be rank number 1 in my opinion.
fastparker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #17
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

I can't believe I am defending Ohio St, but here it goes. According to the official NCAA website, Ohio St's schedule is ranked 32nd toughest. LSU is 33rd. No difference.

Also, look at LSU's schedule. They played Middle Tennessee, Tulane, and La. Tech. Not exactly top tier teams either.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #18
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina View Post
I can't believe I am defending Ohio St, but here it goes. According to the official NCAA website, Ohio St's schedule is ranked 32nd toughest. LSU is 33rd. No difference.

Also, look at LSU's schedule. They played Middle Tennessee, Tulane, and La. Tech. Not exactly top tier teams either.
still think LSU has a harder schedule out of the games already played.

Good game so far at OSU.

Last edited by GoFins11; 11-10-2007 at 03:58 PM.
GoFins11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

DOWN GO THE BUCKEYES

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #20
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Eh, there ya go. Parity. It will be a fine season for OSU when they beat Michigan and win their BCS game. They are a young team returning most of their talent next year and they made a great run. QB play needs to improve to make the next step. Losing late sucks, but Illinois was the classic trap game and a lot of Bucks fans knew it from the beginning of the season.

Not to make excuses, but I wonder if the outcome would have been the same if the refs would have caught the fumble into the endzone that would have given the Bucks the ball on the 20 and a 7 point lead instead of a tie at 7? Tress has to take some of the blame for not challenging that play.

I definitely don't want to be an ungracious loser. Props to Illinois for executing a great gameplan and playing a near perfect game. That's what it takes to beat #1 and they did it. Congrats, Illini.

Last edited by revefsreleets; 11-10-2007 at 05:53 PM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote