Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251
Default pti no respect

Still after we crushed the ratbirds and, Ben throws for five td's all Wilbone & Kornhole can say is how lucky the steelers are. Then they go on to pretty much say Ben is not good as Brady and Manning. Well I guess after we crush the pats in a few weeks they will change there tune. I for one and very happy we have Big Ben and, there is somethng he can do that they other two qb's can't do so well move outside the pocket and make big plays. It can of burn s me after last year when Ben had a rough season they were on him every week and, now when the steelers and Ben play we get no respect. It is okay once we win it all this year once again people will be eating there words.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
noto45
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 984
Default Re: pti no respect

consider the source they dont know squat!

"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

We thrive better on no respect then we do on praise, so I like all the media disrespecting us...it gives us fuel
Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Yeah you are right we seem to play better with a chip on the shoulder. Just burns me that they are the first to take shots at Ben and, when he has a great game you hear nothing about it. Well I just hope we crush them twice in a few weeks and then again in the playoffs.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I'd rather not face them twice I'm hoping the Colts lose a division game (Jags play them tough in Jax) and if we win out I think the Colts could know them off in the playoffs and I like our chance better against the Colts then facing the Pats twice.

Edit: nevermind, that scenario would require us to face the Pats and Colts because of tiebreakers and seeding places...that would be bad
Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

I could care less what a couple of jock sniffers think.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #7
getyourhustleon14
Water Boy

Member Number: 7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
I could care less what a couple of jock sniffers think.
Man for real... i dont care what any "expert" thinks about the Steelers...

the REAL experts are all the members here on Steelersfever
Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

kornhole must have been reading this board calling for his head on a platter. i agree with you guys.. i am starting to like being the underdogs of the afc again. it happened in 05 and its happening again. we have a habit of getting overconfident and underplaying opponents (arizona and denver)... but for the past few years we have always seemed to get up for big games.. well, last year not so much so. but that was a fluke season. in 04 and 05 we played our best against the better teams. thats why i think we have as good a shot as anyone to beat the pats.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Wow, which episode did you watch? I heard a good bit of respect for us coming form the show in our direction. Yes, they both said that they though the Colts and Pats were the two best teams and we were leading the second tier along with Dallas. But, given the season, is that so crazy?

Kornheiser has difficulty getting past his man-crush on Brady, but Wilbon does not suffer from that malady. Wilbon, I believe actually respects us a great deal. In fact both agreed that the Steelers were the one team tough enough to have a shot at beating the Pats. How is that not respect? I specifically remember Kornheiser saying that last year was the aberration for the Steelers and this season and 2005 were the real norm.

So, how does that add up to disrespect? Look... there are those douche bags in the media like Skip Bayless who will never give us any respect, not matter what we will do. Blasting him and his likes makes sense. However, blasting pti, (especially Wilbon) seems out of place since they show us as much more respect than most others.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Who gives a ****. Why do you waste your time watching anything on BSPN that isnt game related? BSPN has become a tabliod **** bag. I would never watch BSPN if it werent for the games. Anyone who hires a douche bag like Skip Bayless obviously isnt interested in having anyone crediable on their shows. And one of the few great shows on TV, PRIMETIME, was changed by putting a former drug dealing poser called Keyshawn Johnson and Emmitt Smith who has a college degree yet, cant speak proper english. Worse of all that, they stick one of few great talents to the side of those chumps in Tom Jackson. Horrible and pathetic.....BSPN is like gas, no matter how much i hate it, I have to use it or there is nothing else.....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote