Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Carucci: Steelers a middle-tier pretender

Here.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

I'm not surprised. I guess those two losses trump those 6 wins. Remember, the Steelers were picked to finish third in the AFC North in preseason. The Bungles and Ravens were to be the elite teams. We know how good those two are now. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if pundits pick the Browns (Their newest media darling) next week.

That said, maybe the Steelers aren't there yet this year. But one thing I will count on: This Steeler team has a good future. A fine nucleus of young players and a new Ben Roethlisberger hitting his prime at Quarterback. The Steelers just need to address the O-Line. Faneca and Starks are (supposedly) leaving.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: Carucci: Steelers a middle-tier pretender

now thats a flat out insult, obviously I can understand that the "experts" dont think will will beat the pats, but to call us pretenders? we are no doubt the 3rd best team in the NFL and we will be #1 come Dec 9th!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by By Vic Carucci | NFL.com
The Steelers' humiliation of Baltimore has generated discussion about whether they should be viewed as the third-best team in the NFL behind New England and Indianapolis. For now, I vote no. At this point, Dallas, Green Bay, and the New York Giants seem to represent the next level of NFL teams better than anyone in the AFC. They generally are more consistent at playing at the lofty level necessary to even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Patriots and Colts. For that matter, I don't even know how rock-solid the Steelers are as the No. 3 team in their own conference. Another 6-2 club, Tennessee, makes a fairly compelling argument for that designation as well.
Tennessee doesnt have crap on us! Have you seen VY? he cant throw to save his life, stop the run and the Titans lose, simple
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Nevermind after painfully reading the whole article, this guy is nothing more then a hormeristic Pats fan. I hope he falls asleep on his pen and pokes his eye out!
]
Old 11-07-2007, 12:36 AM   #5
SEMP
Water Boy

Member Number: 664

Carrucci is an idiot, he states that baltimore's injuries dimish the Steeler win and in his next topic he states that the colts injuries had no bearing in thier loss to the pats.
SEMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
duma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5730

I don't mind. I prefer the media and other teams consider us a non-contender. In the past, this mindset has helped the team perform better. And even if this team isn't the same one who would be fired up by the lack of respect, I can't see that it would hurt them to have the pundits declare us second class. Whatever. They will know how good this team is after we beat their ass.
duma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #7
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

There is no such thing as a football expert. The only way you can be an expert is in something that has proven factual basis. Football prognosticating is something that you cannot prove. The experts are just people who get paid for their opinion, which is no more or less valid than that of any person on this forum. The only difference is that they get press access to the teams.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #8
Steelersfan4life0655
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2163

i know this shouldnt bother me, but damn the steelers are not getting love anywhere. we could go perfect next year and they would still find something to bitch about what the steelers are doing wrong.
Steelersfan4life0655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #9
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life0655 View Post
i know this shouldnt bother me, but damn the steelers are not getting love anywhere. we could go perfect next year and they would still find something to bitch about what the steelers are doing wrong.
we're getting some love on nfl live. those guys always seem to like us to be quite honest. usually its the sports writers who dont give us much of a chance, not so much the players.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote:
I'm also still bothered by Pittsburgh's losses at Arizona (3-5) and Denver (3-5). A truly elite team should dominate weaker opponents.
he seems to forget that dallas struggled with buffalo after the steelers kicked the bills ass !!! the titans went to the wire with oakland ,atlanta ,jags and houston ....green bay barely beat denver.,washington, vikings ,chargers ,eagles lost to chicago

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote