Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default I'm starting to have a good bit of confidence for Sunday's game

The fact that the Browns have a awful defense. I think Ben and WIllie will be able to capatilize on that. The Seahawks put up 30 points on them, I think we can put up more. The Browns have given up the most total yards in the whole NFL and have the least sacks, defensively, in the NFL. That should give Ben a lot of time in the pocket and be able to throw to Ward, Holmes, Miller, Washington, and so on.

When I look at this game deeper, it sort of reminds of the Steelers/Bengals games. Bengals always had a great offense and a bad defense. The Browns have a very good offense and a awful defense. I think our D will be able to atleast contain the Browns offense. It might be a struggle but I think we'll be able to contain them. Our offense should be putting up some points though. Willie should easily have over 100.

Not only that but look at the combined record of the teams the Browns have beaten in this 3 game winning streak......4-20! Thats horrible and they barely beat the winless Dolphins and the winless Rams.

Not trying to downplay the Browns because I know they'll be in Pittsburgh ready to PLAY. Just saying that I'm feeling confident about this game.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
iupdauber
Water Boy

Member Number: 7572
Default Re: I'm starting to have a good bit of confidence for Sunday's game

I think this whole rave over the Browns is a little far fetched. They play no one with any stature, and when they do, they lose. Simple as that. I look for a repeat of the matchup earlier in the season, but with Harrison showing that him stomping those dirty Ravens wasnt a fluke. Pittsburgh I think also noticed on monday that they can do something, and do it well. BLITZ. They will be in the backfield all day, proving that great performances from the Browns offense were sparked from terribly poor performances from some of the worst defenses in the league. 34-13 Black and Gold with a three game lead.

Last edited by iupdauber; 11-06-2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: because
iupdauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Quote:
Originally Posted by iupdauber View Post
I think this whole rave over the Browns is a little far fetched. They play no one with any stature, and when they do, they lose. Simple as that. I look for a repeat of the matchup earlier in the season, but with Harrison showing that him stomping those dirty Ravens wasnt a fluke. Pittsburgh I think also noticed on monday that they can do something, and do it well. BLITZ. They will be in the backfield all day, proving that great performances from the Browns offense were sparked from terribly poor performances from some of the worst defenses in the league. 34-13 Black and Gold with a two game lead.
It'd be a 3 game lead since we would have beaten the Browns twice
Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,143 Times in 560 Posts

If Willie can get going on the ground we should be fine

These next few weeks will really tell us if our team has matured enough to contend in the playoffs. We've been inconsistent thus far, Id like to see us get a good streak of quality football

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848

the mid way point of the season is a good time for a team to start to peak.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:53 AM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

you have to be confident for this game.. we are playing at home where we won our first 4 games by 21+ pts each. more importantly we are playing the worst defense in the entire nfl while we field the absolute best.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Browns have no answers for our offense, and they'll be forced to play from behind, making them one-dimensional. That will make them vulnerable to lots of sacks, hurries and turnovers from them on offense, too.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #8
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

so far were dominating every division game. we are making big plays happen and causing turnovers and not turning over the ball. everyone that posted so far has covered about everything in a good quote. I am with the rest I have a very good feeling and feel the flash of the browns is nothing more then a fluke. we will role them just like we did in the first game.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
chenzzo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7297

Yeah, I was just looking over the Browns schedule and most of the teams they beat have been bad teams and even then they let those teams score on them pretty much at will. I mean, they let the Dolphins score 31 points on them, and St. Louis got 20 points off of them. These are both no-win teams. They lost to Oakland, who is just shy of terrible. Half of their wins have been by a margin of one score. I really can?t see them outplaying our defense enough put up the numbers they will need to beat us. And as weak as their defense is, I don?t see why Ben can?t have another 5 TD game. Hopefully though, we won?t let off the gas in the second half and let them attempt a comeback like they did with Seattle.

And let?s not forget Harrison. If he plays half as well as he did against the Ratbirds, this game could be decided pretty quickly.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #10
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

o no doubt it will be a great game and yes prob like Bengals game we will prob. run away with it but im sure they can atleast get 13 points ha!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote