Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default Ocho Cinco carted off field after hit

Bengals' Johnson complained of neck pain after hit, can move extremities

Associated Press
Updated: November 4, 2007, 5:13 PM ET

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Johnson was transported to a Buffalo-area hospital, complaining of neck pain after he was hurt late in Cincinnati's 33-21 loss to the Bills on Sunday.

Coach Marvin Lewis said Johnson had movement in all of his extremities and was sent to a hospital as a precaution. Johnson had tests immediately after he was carted off the field before he was loaded into an ambulance about 20 minutes after the game was over.

Fellow receiver and good friend T.J. Houshmandzadeh jumped into the ambulance to be with Johnson. It's not clear if Johnson would be able to travel with the Bengals on their flight back to Cincinnati.

Johnson was hurt when he was sandwiched by Bills defenders Donte Whitner and Coy Wire, while attempting to make a diving catch over the middle with 1:53 remaining. Johnson dropped the ball and lay face down on the field at the Bills 37 as the game was delayed for about 10 minutes.

Johnson, who has been bothered by an ankle injury, was able to move his legs as team trainers attended to him.

Before being carted off, members of both teams gathered around Johnson, who had his neck immobilized. Johnson had taken a big hit earlier in the game, when he was knocked face first into the sideline by cornerback Terrence McGee.

Johnson had three catches for 48 yards. He entered the game ranked second in the NFL with 731 yards receiving.

link
Old 11-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Re: Ocho Cinco carted off field after hit

It couldn't happen to a nice guy...'cept maybe "Whoseyourmama".
Old 11-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

click clack

Quote:
Johnson returns with Bengals after tests show no damage

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson flew home with his teammates Sunday after medical tests showed he sustained no damage to his neck after he was injured late in Cincinnati's game against Buffalo.

Chad Johnson, WR
Cincinnati Bengals

2007 Statistics:
REC: 47
YDS: 779
TD: 3

Team spokesman Jack Brennan said Johnson joined the team for its scheduled flight to Cincinnati after having a CT scan of his neck at a Buffalo-area hospital. Brennan said test results were normal.

Johnson was injured when he was sandwiched by Buffalo defenders Donte Whitner and Coy Wire while attempting to make a diving catch over the middle with 1:53 remaining of the Bengals' 33-21 loss to the Bills. Johnson dropped the ball and was face-down on the field at the Bills' 37-yard line as the game was delayed for about 10 minutes.

Coach Marvin Lewis said Johnson had movement in all extremities and was sent to a hospital as a precaution. Johnson had tests immediately after he was carted off the field, and then was loaded into an ambulance about 20 minutes after the game ended.

Fellow receiver and good friend T.J. Houshmandzadeh jumped into the ambulance to be with Johnson.

A second ambulance was required to transport Johnson after the first one experienced engine trouble, spitting gray exhaust fumes as it drove onto the field.

Before being carted off, members of both teams gathered around Johnson, who had his neck immobilized.

"It looked like he was moving his body, but he was in a lot of pain," quarterback Carson Palmer said. "All we can do is pray for him and hope that it's nothing serious."

Johnson was stretched out when Whitner hit him across the chest and shoulder just after the ball arrived.

"I didn't try to hurt him or anything," Whitner said. "I hope he's all right. ... I hope he's healthy and able to play next week or the following week."

The initial scene was eerily similar to when Bills tight end Kevin Everett sustained a severe neck injury during Buffalo's season opener against Denver. Everett was paralyzed from the neck down, but has since made a remarkable recovery.

He's currently able to move his arms and legs as he continues the second phase of his rehabilitation in Houston.

Johnson had taken a big hit earlier in the game, when he was knocked face-first at the sideline by cornerback Terrence McGee. He finished with three catches for 48 yards. Johnson entered the game ranked second in the NFL with 731 yards receiving.

The Bills lost two players to injuries.

Slot receiver Roscoe Parrish did not return after bruising a right quadriceps late in the second quarter. Starting middle linebacker John DiGiorgio did not return after sustaining a concussion in the third quarter.

Coach Dick Jauron said both will require more tests.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Don't like the guy, but I'm still glad he's going to be OK.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojobny View Post

Before being carted off, members of both teams gathered around Johnson, who had his neck immobilized. Johnson had taken a big hit earlier in the game, when he was knocked face first into the sideline by cornerback Terrence McGee.

link
It was amazing to see the concern & support from the Buffalo players. They know first hand what can happen in a situation like this.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydfan4life View Post
The boy's been taking quite a beating the last few games.
They should have brought out the H.O.F. jacket and wrapped his a$$ in it before they carted him off the field.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
It couldn't happen to a nice guy...'cept maybe "Whoseyourmama".
Quote:
They should have brought out the H.O.F. jacket and wrapped his a$$ in it before they carted him off the field.

Hey, y'all, I don't like the guy either, but show a little class and compassion, already. You wanna be like the idiot Bengal fans who wished Ben would have died in the motorcyle accident??? Not cool.

A neck/spinal injury is potentially life-threatening, not too mention potentially career-ending. Chad is big-mouth showboater, to be sure, but I wouldn't want to wish on him, and I would like to think other Steeler fans wouldn't either.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

The only thing wrong with Chad is that his feelings got hurt yesterday. That was one of the worst games I've seen from him. He didn't even get hit above the shoulders on that play. Me thinks Chad had to find some way to divert attention from his horrible performance, so he laid down and played dead.

If he turns out to really be hurt I will apologize for this accusation, but I don't think theres anything wrong with him.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
steveironcity
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1135

Quote:
HAHAHA

Steelers- 6 time Super Bowl Champions
Pirates- 5 time World Series Champions
Penguins- 3 time Stanley Cup Champions
Panthers- 9 time National Champions
steveironcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #10
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Johnson's "injury" is a mockery to everyone who has really been hurt playing the game of pro football.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote