Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165
Default Re: New York Sun Article: Big Ben May Be Nearing Ranks of Brady, Manning

What a great article

It's about time Ben is getting credit for the amazing things that he does. Does anyone know how long it took before Brady or Manning were the starting QB's of their team?

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #12
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: New York Sun Article: Big Ben May Be Nearing Ranks of Brady, Manning

ben is special in his own way. manning can read and exploit defenses better than anybody. brady has the best poise.. ben is the best at making a play out of nothing. he's basically a magician in football pads.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #13
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Ben is finally getting the recongnision he deserves because he works his tail off all year long and its starting to pay off!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
What a great article

It's about time Ben is getting credit for the amazing things that he does. Does anyone know how long it took before Brady or Manning were the starting QB's of their team?
Peyton Manning started from day one in Indy and never looked back.....He was drafted in 1998.....As for Tom Brady he was drafted in 2000 and didn't start a game his first year....He came in the next year in the Pats third game in which starter Drew Bledsoe was injured and has remained the starter.......

Ben was forced into action in his NFL second game when Tommy Maddox was injured against the Ravens in Baltimore and has been the starter ever since.....

As for the article Ben has always been among the league leaders in yards per attempt so no surprise there.....Only last year he wasn't........Its safe to say Ben is among the top four QBs in the NFL hands down....I would put him third currently and he even has more TD passes then Peyton....But due to Peyton's past rep and the numbers he has put up since 1998.....I would still place Peyton over Ben.......
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,143 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
What a great article

manning has started every game since being drafted and brady has started since a few games into his 2nd season.

the most important stat for ben being in the upper echelon is staying healthy. ben has yet to start 16 games in a season but hes looking great and tougher than ever, this year.

as for him being mentioned with brady or manning, id just be happy with a pro bowl season.

they can keep calling him a great game manager if he keeps winning sb's.

the article had the great point about the YPA stat as b&g32 pointed out. that stat is often seen as just as telling as a passer rating. this yeards top leaders in YPA are also the top leaders in td's thrown. theres definitely a correlation
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
43SteelCurtainRevolution
Water Boy

Member Number: 7602

In addition to getting over 8 yards a throw and being one of the most efficient QBs in the league, I'm sure Big Ben can break out of a sack better than any other QB I've seen recently. That's impressive. If we can get a better O-line, just imagine how good Ben will be in the years to come! When Ben has time to throw, like, dare I say, Brady, Ben could easily be one of the greatest Pittsburgh's ever had.
43SteelCurtainRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #17
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
but but but................what about Carson??????????????????????????
Carson's been exposed this season as an average QB who can put up gaudy FF stats, but can't win despite a decent amount of offensive talent around him.

Defense gets the blame for his failures, but in a game where they aren't so terrible, Carson screws the pooch. Like the saying goes: The Defense allows 36, Carson will get you 35. The Defense allows 17, Carson will get you 10. Ben's a winner, Carson isn't.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Thats what cracked me up when people labeled Ben a game manager they never looked as his yards per attempt or TD percentage.....If anybody would have took the time they would have seen that Ben was always very good in those two categories......If he would have the attempts his passing yards and TD passes would have been higher...True his INTs also would have been higher with more attempts.....Last year I give Ben a break due to all the physical and mental set backs.....So his yards per attempt and TD percentage were down last year....

This year though Ben is among the best yards per attempt and TD percentage....The guy is on pace for 40 TD passes....Thats just crazy thinking a Steelers QB could throw 40 TD passes in a season...Plus even though Ben is on pace for over 400 attempts his INTs are way down from last year.....On pace for 12 which is great........considering the style of football Ben plays...some say its careless but I think he has some Terry Bradshaw or Brett Favre in him in thinking he can make any play/throw like those guys did/do.....To me I want my QB to have guts....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #19
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Ben has been getting alot of props all week on the local radio sports programs. Many a Jint fan called up today saying how the Jints would be better off with Ben than the Manning they got in the same draft.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

ben is now second in the league in passer rating behind only tom brady with a 111.9 rating. gerrard is 3rd with 102.9 and he has 50 less pass attempts than ben.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote