Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
sorry, but i can't be a lemming. i can only be a realist. nothing has been shown to suggest that woodley or timmons were the right choices. just as there is nothing to show that they were the wrong choices. of course you only focus on the negative. good job

i will leave the dreams of an undefeated season and 20 point victories in every game to others. i would rather be logical and realistic.
There is a distinct difference between logical and realistic on one side, and negative on the other. I believe I am logical and realistic.

Logical and realistic says

Postive: Woodley played real well when given the chance. He put pressure on the QB, caused disruption, executed fundamentals well. Especially for a rookie. he showed that in the end, he has play making, even possibly game changing ability.
Negative: Woodley only played a short time, and has yet to prove he can keep that motor running for the entire season. Also, he has only been in with limited situations for the most part, so it remains to be seen if he can pick up the entire defensive play book and execute.


When you only post the second paragraph... that is being negative, which is what I only seen from you for the most part. That is why I ask. I don't know if you just assume that we all see the positives, and thus only discuss negatives, or if you only see the negatives and that is why you post negative most of the time.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,518
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 659
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
sorry, but i can't be a lemming. i can only be a realist. nothing has been shown to suggest that woodley or timmons were the right choices. just as there is nothing to show that they were the wrong choices. of course you only focus on the negative. good job

i will leave the dreams of an undefeated season and 20 point victories in every game to others. i would rather be logical and realistic.
so 6 sacks ,in a very limited amount of playing time shows you nothing ?
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
There is a distinct difference between logical and realistic on one side, and negative on the other. I believe I am logical and realistic.

Logical and realistic says

Postive: Woodley played real well when given the chance. He put pressure on the QB, caused disruption, executed fundamentals well. Especially for a rookie. he showed that in the end, he has play making, even possibly game changing ability.
Negative: Woodley only played a short time, and has yet to prove he can keep that motor running for the entire season. Also, he has only been in with limited situations for the most part, so it remains to be seen if he can pick up the entire defensive play book and execute.


When you only post the second paragraph... that is being negative, which is what I only seen from you for the most part. That is why I ask. I don't know if you just assume that we all see the positives, and thus only discuss negatives, or if you only see the negatives and that is why you post negative most of the time.
because posting the first paragraph would be irrelevant since the first poster already said he was the right choice. i don't crown someone great, good or the right choice until they prove it with consistency.

sorry i can't be a homer perhaps later i will revise my post with nothing but praise and fantastic predictions of godhood.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so 6 sacks ,in a very limited amount of playing time shows you nothing ?

take a look at the sacks. most of them were gildonesque. i am not taking the sacks away, but a handful of gimme sacks is not going to show whether he is going to be good or bad.

i remember fans being fooled by kordell in 97 because he had some highlights. i was never fooled by the WR. most of his passes were caught because of the receiver making outstanding and/or acrobatic catches.

the plus is he appears to be stronger than haggans or gildon ala green, but hopefully better pass cover skills. i am all for giving him the starting position. it's his to lose, IMO. i would also like to see timmons make a push for foote's job.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,518
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 659
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
take a look at the sacks. most of them were gildonesque. i am not taking the sacks away, but a handful of gimme sacks is not going to show whether he is going to be good or bad.

i remember fans being fooled by kordell in 97 because he had some highlights. i was never fooled by the WR. most of his passes were caught because of the receiver making outstanding and/or acrobatic catches.

the plus is he appears to be stronger than haggans or gildon ala green, but hopefully better pass cover skills. i am all for giving him the starting position. it's his to lose, IMO. i would also like to see timmons make a push for foote's job.
ok...first of all i don't know what "gildonesque" means....second, those garbage sacks..4 of them came in games we LOST,....if those "garbage sacks" are so easy to come by,then why does haggens,who's played about 75 % more than woodley only have 4?
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
ok...first of all i don't know what "gildonesque" means....second, those garbage sacks..4 of them came in games we LOST,....if those "garbage sacks" are so easy to come by,then why does haggens,who's played about 75 % more than woodley only have 4?
Gildonesqe...

As in, Jason Gildon. I would LOVE it if he turned out like that.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #17
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
ok...first of all i don't know what "gildonesque" means....second, those garbage sacks..4 of them came in games we LOST,....if those "garbage sacks" are so easy to come by,then why does haggens,who's played about 75 % more than woodley only have 4?
gildonesque refers to sacks that come via unblocked or blocked by a RB. pretty much gildon's entire career. the one-move wonder. it's what porter turned into before being let go.

i never mentioned haggans. haggans is done. he was just an average LB in a LB friendly scheme. the steelers need good to great LBs to make the 3-4 zone-blitz scheme work correctly.

perhaps woodley will be good or even great, but for now i will wait.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #18
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Gildonesqe...

As in, Jason Gildon. I would LOVE it if he turned out like that.
i don't want to see another one-move LB who can't cover.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,518
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 659
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
gildonesque refers to sacks that come via unblocked or blocked by a RB. pretty much gildon's entire career. the one-move wonder. it's what porter turned into before being let go.

i never mentioned haggans. haggans is done. he was just an average LB in a LB friendly scheme. the steelers need good to great LBs to make the 3-4 zone-blitz scheme work correctly.

perhaps woodley will be good or even great, but for now i will wait.
as long as woodley is an upgrade over haggens,which he appears to be , then i consider the pick a good one
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: 20/20 Hindsight 2007 NFL Draft - Steelers Pick Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
as long as woodley is an upgrade over haggens,which he appears to be , then i consider the pick a good one

good point.

i hope woodley will be a stronger and more agile version of kevin green.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts