Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-17-2005, 08:27 PM   #11
Heinz Hitman
Water Boy

Member Number: 729
Default Re: USC@Notre Dame

Kind of off topic - but I won tickets today to go see Notre Dame vs. Navy on Nov. 5th! I have never been to a real college football game and I am amped up to see ND! I never win anything big, but this was awesome! South Bend, here I come!
Heinz Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

You'll have a great time, I'm sure.

The polls aren't sure what to do with ND. How far can you drop a team for losing to the best team in College football in the last 5 seconds? What if they'd won? How could you NOT move them to #2, even with the other loss to MSU?

It makes College football interesting but frustrating that's for sure...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,486 Times in 3,950 Posts

i was just glad the game didnt go into overtime and cut out the beginning of the nascar race. you know thats when a major wreck would happen wiping out about 20 cars. i wonder how long they wouldve delayed the start if that game did go into o t.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:57 AM   #14
tootalltoscore
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 358

I was beginning to think that this was the best game for quite a while until I watched the Penn State game. Two great games on one weekend.

Certainly ND should go up the rankings despite their loss, but I would not put them up by more than 2 places as they were at home.

Reggie Bush is just awesome and the team on the whole have to be favourites to remain unbeaten now, sorry UT fans I just think you have not shown enough this season so far.

Virginia Tech looked good a couple of weeks ago and are still unbeaten, I'm looking forward to this weeks game against the Terrapins as well as LSU against the Tigers
tootalltoscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #15
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz Hitman
Kind of off topic - but I won tickets today to go see Notre Dame vs. Navy on Nov. 5th! I have never been to a real college football game and I am amped up to see ND! I never win anything big, but this was awesome! South Bend, here I come!

Hey Heinz Hitman, you picked quite a place to see your first real college football game. Notre Dame is a magical place on any day, but on football weekends it's even more special. Make sure you have reservations taken care of, because it's very hard to find any place in SB. Definitely hit the tailgaters in the parking lots around the stadium, but make sure to take a trip to the "God Quad" (where the golden dome is) before the game. If you get there early enough, you can see the marching band start out on the steps of the golden dome and get some brauts from the cookouts in front of the buildings. I am so envious...enjoy!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:03 PM   #16
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
You'll have a great time, I'm sure.

The polls aren't sure what to do with ND. How far can you drop a team for losing to the best team in College football in the last 5 seconds? What if they'd won? How could you NOT move them to #2, even with the other loss to MSU?

It makes College football interesting but frustrating that's for sure...

Yeah, the new polls are highly suspect so far, and it doesn't help that the team their victimizing this year has arguably the most clout of them all. We may see alterations very soon. I think AP handled the ND loss well. Just keep it the same.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote