Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #11
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,381 Times in 500 Posts
Default Re: SI/Banks: Playoff Predictions (Steelers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhee Rhee View Post
....im just worried that because we're playing junk teams by playoff time we'll be vastly unprepared...
Outside of the Colts, what do you think the Pats have been playing all season?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #12
Providence Steel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6523

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Outside of the Colts, what do you think the Pats have been playing all season?
Exactly...
The only game this season that has given the Pats any trouble was the Colts game. The rest of their schedule has been cake...

The Colts have actually played the most difficult of schedules so far among the better teams. Problem this year is that there is a big gap between the best and the rest. I think the Steelers, Packers and Cowboys are really the only teams in a middle classed, second tier (at this point).

Additionally...

I think the loss to the Pats bodes well for the Colts if they play again in the playoffs. I dont think the Colts will roll over and let the Pats beat them twice this year.

On the same note, If we can peak at the end of the season, it might be best for us to "let" the Pats beat us. If the Steelers march into Foxboro and beat the Pats in the regular season, I see little chance of it happening again should the Steelers make the playoffs and have to play the Pats.

Of course you try to win every game but it might be nice to hold back a little in the regular season against them, especially if we are eyeing a 3rd seed at best when the Pats game comes up.

I really dont see the Pats loosing till the playoffs. I 'd rather see us loose to the Pats in the regular season than have them win a grudge-match with us in the playoffs.
Providence Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

I know y'all like to hate on Cris Collinworth, but he was the only commentator that I'm aware of that picked Pittsburgh to win the division. Hopefully, we can keep playing well and prove him right.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #14
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
I know y'all like to hate on Cris Collinworth, but he was the only commentator that I'm aware of that picked Pittsburgh to win the division. Hopefully, we can keep playing well and prove him right.
One good deed does not undo a lifetime of sin
Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,941 Times in 4,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence Steel View Post

On the same note, If we can peak at the end of the season, it might be best for us to "let" the Pats beat us. If the Steelers march into Foxboro and beat the Pats in the regular season, I see little chance of it happening again should the Steelers make the playoffs and have to play the Pats.

Of course you try to win every game but it might be nice to hold back a little in the regular season against them, especially if we are eyeing a 3rd seed at best when the Pats game comes up.

I really dont see the Pats loosing till the playoffs. I 'd rather see us loose to the Pats in the regular season than have them win a grudge-match with us in the playoffs.
but what if we intentionally hold back and still beat them by accident?

do we blatantly throw the game and tarnish the nfl (and steelers legacy) or do we just forefeit the hypothetical playoff match-up?

Quote:
"hello.... you play to win the game"
(theres a reason why its considered an all time great quote)
Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

do we blatantly throw the game and tarnish the nfl (and steelers legacy) or do we just forefeit the hypothetical playoff match-up?

Just depends on the percentage we get in the payout!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,381 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
"hello.... you play to win the game"
Not to mention an all-time hilarious one as well:

[YOUTUBE]IMk5sMHj58I[/YOUTUBE]

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #18
Providence Steel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6523

Quote:

Intentionally holding back and winning would be great but realistically...do you think that would happen against the Pats?

The main point is to not come out with all your stuff until you see them in the playoffs. Give your guys a rest. Colts seem to do it every year near the end of the season...why not us?

Dont get me wrong here. Beating the Pats twice in this season would be a dream come true...but it's a pipe dream that aint happening. I'm saying if I had to pick the game to win, I'd rather win in the playoffs...bet the Colts do too.
Providence Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,497 Times in 3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
Boomer Esiason also picked the Steelers in preseason to win the division and said the Bengals would be a big disappointment, so Bengal alums must pay attention to the screwed up dynamics of their old team.

Hating on Collinsworth is well deserved - he does not just say nobody can be compared to the Pats or Colts but has his trademark sneer when asked about this year's Steelers. He then goes off about the Pats being the greatest team he has ever seen after beat downs of the Dolphins & Redskins and, when asked to discuss teams in the Pats class, talks about the 85 Bears, 80s 49ers, and 72 Dolphins while ignoring the team Kornheiser and Jaworski saluted on Monday night as the Super Bowl dynasty that outshines them all.

There are lots of reasons I want the Steelers to do well, but proving Collinsworth right certainly is not one of them
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote