Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900
Default Gotta love this new congress.

I know some of you will say "look at the source", but I did some of my own research and every point he makes is spot on. Looks like we did more harm then good last November.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110010843
Old 11-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Gotta love this new congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
I know some of you will say "look at the source", but I did some of my own research and every point he makes is spot on. Looks like we did more harm then good last November.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110010843
I think the dem party will be surprised this election cycle. The problem is, the rep. party will take that as a "mandate" and keep doing what they are doing... and the dems will win again the next cycle.

Oh, where is FDR or Ronald Reagan when you true leaders?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Oh Preacher I would support you to run. We need some honest people in Washington.

Even if your a Steelers fan, nobody's perfect. Now Jesus would have been a Browns fan, he loved the under dog.

Is Peroit still alive?

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

They are full of empty rhetoric and afraid to act. What a dissapointment they have been, to all of us.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,529 Times in 3,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
They are full of empty rhetoric and afraid to act. What a dissapointment they have been, to all of us.
As posters who have been around here for a while know, I am no fan of W but the Democrat Congress is so afraid of being portrayed as "soft on terrorism" they act like Charlie Brown knowing Lucy is going to pull the football away if they try to kick it and are afraid to do anything. Suffice it to say I do not see Hillary Clinton as any bold agent of reform.

Of course all politicians answer to their corporate masters, as evidenced by NY Senators Schumer and Clinton refusing to support Wall Street hedge fund operators' earnings being taxed as ordinary income at 33% rather than the lower 15% for capital gains. This link is to an article on Schumer opposing any tax change on this issue after receiving a campaign contribution (aka bribe) from a hedge fund manager

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ail/components

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

But augustashark , I do consider the source of the article

A party that wins control by that narrow margin can quickly see its fortunes reversed when it fails to act responsibly, fails to fulfill its promises, and fails to lead.

Rove is so detached from reality I can only assume he does not know that epitaph can go on his tombstone.

The peerless Peggy Noonan sums up the problems with both parties and the Dems in particular with these 2 column excerpts:

For a few years now I've thought the problem for the Democrats in general but for Mrs. Clinton in particular is not that America is against tax increases. They've seen eight years of big spending, of wars, of spiraling entitlements. They've driven by the mansions of the megarich and have no sympathy for hedge fund/movie producer/cosmetics empire heirs. They sense the system is rigged toward the heavily protected. They sense this because they're not stupid.

The problem for Mrs. Clinton is not that people sense she will raise taxes. It's that they don't think she'll raise them on the real and truly rich. The rich are her friends. They contribute to her, dine with her, have access to her. They have an army of accountants. They're protected even from her.

But she can stick it to others, and in the way of modern liberalism for roughly half a century now one suspects she'll define affluence down. That she would hike taxes on people who make $150,000 a year.

But those "rich"--people who make $200,000 and have two kids and a mortgage and pay local and state taxes in, say, New Jersey--they don't see themselves as rich. Because they're not. They're already carrying too much of the freight.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/column.../?id=110010810

I don't think Mrs. Clinton is the exemplar of a generation, she is the exemplar of a quadrant within a generation, and it is the quadrant the rest of us of that generation do not like. They came from comfort and stability, visited poverty as part of a college program, fashionably disliked their country, and cultivated a bitterness that was wholly unearned. They went on to become investment bankers and politicians and enjoy wealth, power or both.

Mr. Obama should go after them, not a generation but a type, the smug and entitled. No one really likes them

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 11-09-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:29 AM   #6
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I think the dem party will be surprised this election cycle. The problem is, the rep. party will take that as a "mandate" and keep doing what they are doing... and the dems will win again the next cycle.

Oh, where is FDR or Ronald Reagan when you true leaders?

Now that would be one heck of a ticket.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Exclamation Re: Gotta love this new congress.

First of all... how many of you have children in this forrum? Anyone except for the very high class folks would not a agree with Bush about our Childrens' Health Care. There is No Middle Class folks anymore and that is the reason this country is going straight to Hell. All the rich folks are getting richer while the poor folks are getting poorer. The rich folks get the tax breaks and us real working folks have to pay more..... what is up with that?
George Bush decided to start a war for absolutely no reason other than he just wanted the oil over there.. George Bush will go down as one of the Worst Ever Presidents in the US. Check your stats... under Bush in his rein as our President he has responsibility for 1/3 of the US's debt all time!!!
For a man that calls himself a Christian is Wrong... I guess Jesus would have given all the money to the rich folks too .... what do you think?..... I DOUBT IT!!!
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
First of all... how many of you have children in this forrum? Anyone except for the very high class folks would not a agree with Bush about our Childrens' Health Care. There is No Middle Class folks anymore and that is the reason this country is going straight to Hell. All the rich folks are getting richer while the poor folks are getting poorer. The rich folks get the tax breaks and us real working folks have to pay more..... what is up with that?
George Bush decided to start a war for absolutely no reason other than he just wanted the oil over there.. George Bush will go down as one of the Worst Ever Presidents in the US. Check your stats... under Bush in his rein as our President he has responsibility for 1/3 of the US's debt all time!!!
For a man that calls himself a Christian is Wrong... I guess Jesus would have given all the money to the rich folks too .... what do you think?..... I DOUBT IT!!!
I don't love Bush, but you take you’re biased to an extreme. Since the democrats have regained power in this government, there has been NO improvement whatsoever. Looking at the presidential candidates for this upcoming election, the first of which I will be eligible to vote in, I may not even do so. Clinton flip flops as much as John Kerry did, Obama doesn't know which country is which and the media coverage is so democrat based that I hardly can be informed about the Republican candidates.

I will say this, between Hillary and Barack this past year, they’ve done as much image damage to the US as Bush has. If I had to choose between the two it would be a land slide win for Mr. Obama, at least he has the balls to commit to something. (Or any at all, at least so far)

If some of you think it’s bad now, wait until the next gen president gets into office.

Lynn Swann 4 prez .
Old 11-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,529 Times in 3,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
the media coverage is so democrat based that I hardly can be informed about the Republican candidates.
I guess your cable company does not carry Fox News?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
steveironcity
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
WOW There is no middle class? I guess im poor then cause im damn sure not rich. I made about 30 thousand dollars. My dad never made over 40,000, is he rich?

Steelers- 6 time Super Bowl Champions
Pirates- 5 time World Series Champions
Penguins- 3 time Stanley Cup Champions
Panthers- 9 time National Champions

Last edited by steveironcity; 11-10-2007 at 04:18 PM.
steveironcity is offline   Reply With Quote