Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Yes it was ugly....

but a win, is a win, is a win. I know, we shoulda played better but hey we made halftime adjustments and the team pulled one out of there ass. We always gotta win the ugly ones too, there will be games like that.

We now have a 3 game lead over the rest of the division and the next 3 games we should have no problem with. That win was HUGE, no matter how you put it, it was HUGE. Ben was a warrior at the end, and the D stepped up BIG TIME in the 2nd half.

BIG win!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Yes it was ugly....

Yes, Cleveland played a good game, but I'm still not impressed with them too much.

The Super Cleveland Offense put together one full decent drive all game and that was the opening drive. The rest of the scores came off hella Short fields. Derek Anderson did crap the rest of the game.

The Hero of the game is definately Ben Roethlisberger. He is a Cleveland Brown killer.

Special Teams is the goat. It needs to be fixed, big time. Two Cleveland Scores came off their gaffes.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Yes, Cleveland played a good game, but I'm still not impressed with them too much.

The Super Cleveland Offense put together one full decent drive all game and that was the opening drive. The rest of the scores came off hella Short fields. Derek Anderson did crap the rest of the game.

The Hero of the game is definately Ben Roethlisberger. He is a Cleveland Brown killer.

Special Teams is the goat. It needs to be fixed, big time. Two Cleveland Scores came off their gaffes.
Agreed with everything you just said.

I will say this though, this win is the true definition of a very good team. I know, some people will disagree with me on this. But when you're down 21-6, to your biggest rival in a game where you must win, and you keeping fighting, fighting and fighting and end up winning. Well to me, that shows this team will let NOTHING get to them, it shows they have confidence in each. It also shows this team, espically Ben, is CLUTCH.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Cleveland played only a good half.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

our special teams made it closer than it should have been. i said before the game that the only way they were going to win was by a special teams collapse by us and a big turnover. well they got both and still couldnt win. we completely dominated them in the 2nd half. their defense cant stop anyone for the life of them. though they did have pretty good red zone d in the 1st half, they fell apart in the 2nd. i know i sound a bit harsh, but damn.. our special teams was just so freakin pathetic today.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I don't want to take anything away from the Browns in the first half, but they only amassed 163 TOTAL yards of offense in the entire game. The first TD they scored was very questionable, they got 2 TDs courtesy of our ST's and another TD they only had to go 18 yards into the EZ after a Big Ben pick. I told XT at the half that they would come out guns a blazin' after the half and win the game and they didn't disappoint me!

The Steelers WERE the better team today, though the first half was ugly. They just needed to get into that locker room, regroup, re-energize and get the job done in the 2nd half and they did!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Steeldude
Living Legend

the steelers' O-line is still having problems. facing one of the worst D-lines in the game and they allow 4 sacks and i have no idea how many hurries. also, there was no push in the middle to help eat the clock. i am not saying it was horrid, but it needs to improve.

parker is 2nd in the NFL with the most runs over 20 yards. i thought i remembered reading somewhere(espn magazine, i think) that parker leads the league in runs with negative yards. which would be due to the O-line allowing the defenders to flood the backfield.

one thing is for certain. that special teams is going to kill them if they make the post-season. you can get away with the browns doing it to you, but not the colts or patriots.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 View Post
Agreed with everything you just said.

I will say this though, this win is the true definition of a very good team. I know, some people will disagree with me on this. But when you're down 21-6, to your biggest rival in a game where you must win, and you keeping fighting, fighting and fighting and end up winning. Well to me, that shows this team will let NOTHING get to them, it shows they have confidence in each. It also shows this team, espically Ben, is CLUTCH.

I hear that. Reminds me of the Steeler's from 2005/06......and we all know where that one went!

I was feeling a little bit miffed approaching halftime, I have to admit, although with this team, you know you're never out til the preverbiable fat lady sings.

I just hope the Dolphin game isn't soo close.....*shifty eyes*
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
parker is 2nd in the NFL with the most runs over 20 yards. i thought i remembered reading somewhere(espn magazine, i think) that parker leads the league in runs with negative yards. which would be due to the O-line allowing the defenders to flood the backfield.
well, so did barry sanders so that must be kinda good
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571

This game showed a lot about the teams' character. They have the ability and confidence to comeback when losing by 15 early. This game proved a lot to me today