Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Peter King Jumps On Ben's Bandwagon

Peter King has changed his tune on Ben::

When I watched Roethlisberger last year, I thought, "Flawed quarterback.'' When I watched Roethlisberger on Sunday, I thought, "Franchise quarterback.''

I didn't like his lackadaisical decision-making last year, or his declining accuracy, or what I'd heard his teammates say about his work ethic. Maybe it was right, and maybe it wasn't. But Roethlisberger wasn't the most popular guy in his own locker room last year, and he needed a change. He got it.

I thought Roethlisberger was frosty this summer when I questioned him about his poor play last year, but he made no excuses, saying only he was sure he'd play better this year because, "Naysayers,'' he said. "I thrive on them. If it's my fault, I'll take the responsibility, and I didn't play well last year. But I'm devoting more time than anyone knows to getting back to being a great player.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...k10/index.html

Maybe Ben was a little frosty after he read King's QB rankings last summer

Ben Roethlisberger 17th? What gives? From Year 1 to Year 2 of his career, his completion percentage dropped 3.7 points; from year two to three it fell 3.0 points. His TD-to-interception ratio, plus-eight in 2005, dropped to minus-five last season. He is profoundly inconsistent. I say he's a C-plus player until I see six or eight straight weeks of the same guy. (King ranked Ben behind, among others, the sainted Carson Palmer (#4), Vince Young (#7), Jay Cutler (#10), and Chad "Rag Arm" Pennington (#14))

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...qbs/index.html

Let's hope part of Ben and this team maturing includes not getting caught up in all the kind words - yesterday's first half was a repeat of the team not being mentally ready for the Denver game and would have been a loss if that performance would have been on the road.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611
Default Re: Peter King Jumps On Ben's Bandwagon

Young players go through rough patches where the league adjusts to them. Seeing how Ben has improved his game shows that he has made similar adjustments. The coaches put a lot of faith in Ben to take more ownership of the offense, and he has repaid their trust with interest.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

I think Mike golic on Mike & Mike show today said that Ben last year really did not have a chance to prepare for the 06 season. Now take a look this year he is having a great year and, like I've said many times is a winner. Now let's just keep it going.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Why does Peter KIng's name keep coming up.. I could care less. This guy is the STUPIDEST sportswriter . analyst or whatever he claims to be. He now think Ben is a good QB. He probably NOW thinks Mt. Everest is a tall mountain. I am not even sure why I am writing about this clown.

Ok here is one. Tell me who you know (some pretender that is in the profession) that is paid to know but in fact knows less about football than Peter King. King should be writing for People Magazine.

I like Ben even more if he treated King in a Frosty way. Ben is a good judge of characetr or lack of if he did treat this A hole In a frosty manner.

MIchael Keller
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Why does Peter KIng's name keep coming up.. I could care less. This guy is the STUPIDEST sportswriter . analyst or whatever he claims to be. He now think Ben is a good QB. He probably NOW thinks Mt. Everest is a tall mountain. I am not even sure why I am writing about this clown.

Ok here is one. Tell me who you know (some pretender that is in the profession) that is paid to know but in fact knows less about football than Peter King. King should be writing for People Magazine.

I like Ben even more if he treated King in a Frosty way. Ben is a good judge of characetr or lack of if he did treat this A hole In a frosty manner.

MIchael Keller
I could go on but here is a starter set

Tony Kornheiser
Chris Berman
Skip Bayless
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Atlanta Dan:

You present some good choices but my problem with Peter King and Korny they both think they know what they are talkin about.

Berman 's got his own style and i never felt like he acted as an authority. he can be entertaining. Bayless fortunately I do not see enough of him. / I think he is weak.

Thanks for the response.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

peter king is a D-head jay cutler started what 6 games last year? and chad pennington mite as wellbe throwing with his left arm god look at carson what has he done this year? who's second in the nfl in passing TDs surely not carson palmer....
Rhee Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

IMO, Kornheiser, and to a lesser extent King, do acknowledge frequently that they are not experts on football. Of course, you could argue that this is their out - state from time-to-time that you are not an expert an then proceed to act like one. Still, if there is one person on that list who is full of himself it is Skip Bayless.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I could go on but here is a starter set

Tony Kornheiser
Chris Berman
Skip Bayless
Skip Bayless is the worst so-called expert on TV
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
Skip Bayless is the worst so-called expert on TV
bayless is awful. and if ben wanted to be frosty to this dude then he has all right to be. he probably knew that king was an idiot..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote