Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-14-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default The Rats really suck part 2

I look for the Browns to stomp the Rats...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4979890

Last-place Ravens sink to new depths

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) - Off to the worst start in their 10-year history, the underachieving Baltimore Ravens can no longer mask the frustration of seeing their season unravel in such rapid fashion.

The Ravens (1-3) were penalized 21 times - one short of the NFL record - and had two players ejected Sunday during an embarrassing 35-17 loss to the Detroit Lions. Besides being flagged for holding seven times, Baltimore received three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and a personal foul call.

Coach Brian Billick addressed the team Monday before publicly accepting blame for the Ravens' misdeeds, which included bumping two officials and taunting the Lions and fans at Ford Field.

"I'm accountable. I'm responsible," Billick said. "Make no mistake. We recognize what we did, and don't feel good about it."

The Ravens were livid about some of the calls, and Billick said he couldn't remember ever forwarding more plays for review to the league office. But he would not use that as an excuse for his team's boorish behavior.

"It's not about the calls. That's not what we have to address," he said. "It's how we reacted to the situation."

Defensive end Terrell Suggs and special teams standout B.J. Ward were ejected for shoving an official; cornerback Chris McAlister spiked the ball at the feet of Lions receiver Kevin Johnson; and Derrick Mason was flagged for throwing a ball at the wall after an argument with an official.

The meltdown overshadowed the performance of an offense that committed four turnovers and a defense that allowed 169 yards rushing, including a 77-yard jaunt by Shawn Bryson after Baltimore had closed to 28-17 in the fourth quarter.

Billick will attempt to correct those flaws later this week, but his priority Monday was to settle down a team that entered the season with Super Bowl aspirations and now sits in last place in the AFC North.

"Coach talked to us about what happened. He still has faith in the character of this team," quarterback Anthony Wright said. "We're not a bad team, on or off the football field. Right now, we're going through some trials and tribulations. We're going to work this out. We're professionals."

Down 14-0 early, the Ravens closed to 14-10 at halftime. But things came apart in the third quarter, when Baltimore lost Suggs and Ward and received seven penalties for 55 yards.

"We fought back, but at some point, we emotionally lost it," Wright said. "This is an emotional game, but when you're working as hard as you are and not being rewarded for what you're doing, it's kind of tough. We started doing things out of character."

Billick said the Ravens enjoyed an excellent week of practice heading into the game, and he was delighted with the passion they showed leading up to the opening kickoff. But after the flags started flying and the Lions began to assert themselves, the Ravens lost control.

Billick expects the league to fine some of his players, but he won't levy an additional penalty on top of that.

"If I thought an internal monetary sanction would suffice or help, I'd do it in a New York second," the coach said. "It does not. If they are not remorseful on their own, then we're no better off than we were yesterday."

He also decided against having the players issue a public apology for their conduct.

"The only real substantive action they can take is to not let it happen again. The rest is just cheap talk," Billick said.

The focus of Ravens' coaching staff this week will be getting the players channel their energy toward something positive, such winning at home this Sunday against division rival Cleveland. "We're going to have to take the field with the same passion, the same physicality, the same intensity that we did in the Lions game," Billick said, "but certainly keep it within parameters that don't put us at risk."
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: The Rats really suck part 2

I can't think of anything more combustable to throw on the Ravens "Wildfire of Doubt and Dissappointment" than losing to the Browns this Sunday at home in Baltimore with Trent Dilfer being the starting QB for Cleveland.
That could send the Rats completely over the edge.

Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

HERE WE GO BROWNIES,HERE WE GO! *starts feeling sick*

The ONLY time I root for the Browns or Bengals is when they play these thugs.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
HERE WE GO BROWNIES,HERE WE GO! *starts feeling sick*

The ONLY time I root for the Browns or Bengals is when they play these thugs.

Same here...it does sort of make you vomit in your mouth a little, but it's only a few Sundays a year...
Old 10-14-2005, 11:54 PM   #5
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

i love seening the rats fall apart.
their coach has finally lost it.........hahahahahahahaahahahahahha
Old 10-15-2005, 01:57 AM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I cant say I would ever actually cheer for the clowns or the ratbirds in any setting..but damn wouldnt that be the icing on the cake to see the purple people lose to their former selves ? !!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:13 AM   #7
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

It must be hard to see your old Super Bowl winning QB come back into town.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
It must be hard to see your old Super Bowl winning QB come back into town.
Especially when they were the one's who kicked him to the curb...
Old 10-16-2005, 12:14 AM   #9
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I cant say I would ever actually cheer for the clowns or the ratbirds in any setting..but damn wouldnt that be the icing on the cake to see the purple people lose to their former selves ? !!!

I have no problem cheering for the Browns over the Ratbirds... They're both inferior teams anyway this year so it would be nice to see a little justice while we're at it
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #10
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

I hope that they beat each other to a bloody pulp.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote