Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 AM   #11
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Clark, Tuman done for year

Steelers Notebook: Clark, Tuman seasons come to end as they are placed on injured reserve
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Ben Roethlisberger has officially run 18 times for 135 yards this season. (vs. Browns 11/11/2007)

The Steelers have placed safety Ryan Clark and tight end Jerame Tuman on injured reserve, ending their seasons.

Clark has an inflamed spleen that was discovered after he played Oct. 21 at Denver. Tuman has had a disc problem in his back and has not played in three of the past four games.

Clark was the starting free safety before his condition was discovered. Anthony Smith replaced him as the starter the past three games. Tuman was the team's No. 3 tight end.

The Steelers signed center Marvin Philip from their practice squad to their 53-man roster and still have one spot left on that roster after eliminating Clark and Tuman.

Running takes toll

All that running might be taking a toll on Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger, who has made many plays on the run and after he has been chased out of the pocket this season, likely won't practice today because of various injuries.

"It's a lot of things," coach Mike Tomlin said. "It is his hip, his shoulder. He is banged up a little bit. That is the nature of it."

Tomlin was quick to note that Roethlisberger should be fine as the week goes on and start Sunday against the New York Jets.

So, too, should halfback Willie Parker (knee) and cornerback Deshea Townsend (ankle), although both also are likely to join Roethlisberger along the sideline in practice today. Backup linebackers Andre Frazier (groin) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) are questionable.

Only two quarterbacks have more yards rushing than Roethlisberger's 135 -- Vince Young of Tennessee with 217 and Jason Campbell of Washington with 147. Roethlisberger's 7.5-yard average on his 18 carries, though, dwarfs the others.

Taunting addressed

Tomlin said he talked to Smith about a taunting penalty the safety received Sunday after tackling Jamal Lewis and then lingering over him.

"You can't get taunting penalties," Tomlin said. "That is a dumb penalty."

Smith tackled Lewis for a yard gain to the Steelers' 2 on second down. It should have brought up third-and-goal for the Browns. Instead, they had a first down at the 1 and scored a touchdown for a 14-3 lead early in the second quarter.

Rulings part of the game

For a referee to overturn a call using instant replay, the evidence, by rules, is supposed to be indisputable. Referee Ron Winter overturned a call in the second quarter after a pass to Braylon Edwards in the end zone had been ruled incomplete because the receiver did not get both feet in bounds.

Winter looked at the replay after Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel challenged it, and the referee ruled that the receiver had both feet in bounds.

"I'm still not certain he got both feet down," Tomlin said. "I coach the game, I don't officiate. We have to learn to live with the [officials'] decisions that are made ... "

http://postgazette.com/pg/07318/833629-66.stm
Old 11-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #12
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579
Default Re: Clark, Tuman done for year

well it gives heath and spaeth a more balls and gives anthony smith a time to shine!
Rhee Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #13
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Haven't we been running Starks as a TE in the 3 TE set?

Think we'll keep doing that?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #14
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

im praying he gets through and nothing too bad happens to him although we have an adequate replacement our depth in the secondary will be severely hurt by this injury
Rhee Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 AM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I hope Clark is ok. I love his play and his attitude. WHile I know almost nothing about Tuman... he does seem like a good guy.

However, I have to admit. Just a little part of me is very excited that A. Smith has the chance to start the rest of the year and really put into practice the things he has learned. For some strange reason, I expect BIG things from that kid.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 AM   #16
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,747 Times in 1,581 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I wish clark and tuman the best so it will be anthony smiths time to shine in the spotlight.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 AM   #17
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
Haven't we been running Starks as a TE in the 3 TE set?

Think we'll keep doing that?
they still have 1 roster spot left so maybe they'll sign another tight end. i have been likin the idea of 3 tight ends so I hope they get it done
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

I feel bad for Tuman but his loss to the offense can be handled.

Clark is a big loss to the defense, especially for having a puncher's chance against the Pats - must be pretty serious if they did not think they would just keep him deactivated for another month.

Anyone know how long a contract Clark has?

And FWIW, the Trib-Review has not even bothered to update its web site - still lists Tuman and Clark as being out for Sunday - not a good sign for a #2 paper that presumably needs to try harder.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I feel so badly for Ryan Clark. He's a teamer and fits in very well with our D. I will pray that his spleen condition can be healed and he's back on the field next season. Anthony Smith will do just fine in his place if he can learn to shut his yap.

Wishing Ryan and Jerame the best and praying for speedy recoveries for both!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #20
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

That sucks. Clark is a great Steeler. Anthony Smith can handle it but he needs to STFU on the field. He cost us a defensive stop in the red zone on Sunday and almost cost us the game.

Hopefully Tomlin will use a roster spot to activate Justin Vincent. We need him on special teams.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote