Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886
Default No Full back , No Running Game

OK after todays first half I mhave to say something that has bothered me since the Broncos game that this week seems to be even more so.

When the offense lines up in a I-formation set and run the ball the result is a positive play. The defenses are playing gap responsibility and Willie has no chance because there is a defensive player in his face as soon as he gets the ball from Ben.

Thats all just had to vent. I hope they go to more offensive traditional sets in the second half. This is the worst D against the run. Other teams have success because they line in a power running set and run the ball down their throat.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
lotas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1176
Default Re: No Full back , No Running Game

I agree...Willie got stopped in the BACKFIELD multiple times today. The running game needs some adaptation...I thought they had it for awhile there when after the half they had Davenport in on 1st down but they went away from it.
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
steelin games
Water Boy

Member Number: 2748

They better get about 5 fullbacks so they can put them on the line. Our line sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steelin games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Steeldude
Living Legend

the steelers' running game has nothing to do with a FB. how is a single FB going to stop multiple defenders in the backfield?

i have been saying for years that the steelers have neglected the O-line for too long. faneca leaves next season and there is no replacement.

simmons is just a complete joke on his best day.

mahan is not a center, fact.

colon is a work in progress.

smith is good, but he isn't getting any younger.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

What a clusterF*** of a game!!!!

Across the board we played like garbage! Our O-line got shoved around by one of the weakest Ds in the league, and looked like a bunch wimps. Thats right I said it wimps, weak and pathetic wimps!!!

Our TE's were fanning on numerous blocks in the run game and pass game

Willie can't keep his footing for his life even on grassy turf, though as I mentioned the line didn't help out

Our D gave up a 100 yd rusher, and let a mediocre Clemons make enough plays to win....which should never freaking happen because we have a the #1 D!!! Our tackling was completely abysmal

And of course, I knew STs couldn't hide its true colors all game, and showed its ugly face in OT!! Nice punt there Sep, punting right down the middle! WTF

And finally the most concerning thing was the lack of emotion, where was your freaking heart Steelers???!! Barely any fire out there at all. And I blame this on Tomlin, I thought he would have had this team focused and playing consistent football by now, especially after last week. Anyone catch what Sims said on the broadcast, about Tomlin thinking he doesn't need to tell the team about trap games??I think you better now buddy

Sorry that was harsh but its all the truth....we keep demonstrating how immature we are with these mindbogglingly games. We all know this team is capable of great things when they're focused. I love the Steelers and believe they can get it fixed, we still have a hell of a lot of talent. I really just think its a matter of Tomlin stepping up and throwing their crap play into their face and making them realize that they are human and that they better come to play for the entire 60 mins

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote