Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default O-Line Just KILLIN Us

Very little rushing, no pass blocking, Ben sacked more today than the JETS had all year. I believe this team can go far in the playoffs,BUT, we are going to have to do a better job of Pass protection. Play calling affects these situations also, We cannot run 1st 2 downs and put Ben in obvious passing downs. If the Jets were as bad on defense as we were lead to believe then this was a very poor showing indeed. Defensively we were solid except for some breakdowns in coverage and some poor tackling at the line. Lets hope this wakes everybody up for the next game and then the next and quit looking ahead to you-know-who.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: O-Line Just KILLIN Us

Run, run, pass. That's all I gotta say. Hello Bruce Arians.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

I really can't blame the play calling. If you can't execute because of your O'line you are dead in the water.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

its the oline.. either that or ben cant pick up a blitz pre snap.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Very little rushing, no pass blocking, Ben sacked more today than the JETS had all year. I believe this team can go far in the playoffs,BUT, we are going to have to do a better job of Pass protection. Play calling affects these situations also, We cannot run 1st 2 downs and put Ben in obvious passing downs. If the Jets were as bad on defense as we were lead to believe then this was a very poor showing indeed. Defensively we were solid except for some breakdowns in coverage and some poor tackling at the line. Lets hope this wakes everybody up for the next game and then the next and quit looking ahead to you-know-who.

Same old in each of our losses. We had the best chance in this one though.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
zoneblitz43
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6120

I agree the o-line is terrible. I figured they just needed time to jell but this game proves it, there are major changes that need to be made. There were 7 sacks against the Steelers. There is no excuse for this. They should consider starting Simmons at center and Kemoeatu should start at RG. Mahan looked good in training camp and preseason, what the hell happened? Colon is terrible, he is even worse than Starks. I hope he gets cut soon. Colon is easily the worst player on this o-line. Maybe try him out at guard and see how he does, he sucks at RT. Simmons is OK, but not great, and Faneca will be gone. He was terrible tonight and is showing his age. Marvel Smith is pretty good, Marvel and Simmons have been alright this season, although they are not elite. So we will need to draft at least 2 quality linemen one to replace Faneca, and a RT that can actually protect Ben. Ben has been sacked 30 times this year. There has not been one game where we haven't allowed a sack. I can go as far to say we probably have the worst o-line in the league.

Last edited by zoneblitz43; 11-19-2007 at 09:56 PM.
zoneblitz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

O-line is by far the weakest link on this team. Even weaker than the special teams. We will not go very far in the playoffs with this kind of o-line play.

Is Joey Porter licking his chops for next week's game or what? Considering the Jets were averaging ~1 sack/game this year and got 7 against us, Porter ought to be able to finally get some sacks.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozMan View Post
O-line is by far the weakest link on this team. Even weaker than the special teams. We will not go very far in the playoffs with this kind of o-line play.

Is Joey Porter licking his chops for next week's game or what? Considering the Jets were averaging ~1 sack/game this year and got 7 against us, Porter ought to be able to finally get some sacks.
joey will have his game of the season and be the talk of the game. we always let bad defenses and over the hill players have their breakout games against us.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

I also agree the O line was terrible today. BUT...please take into consideration the type of plays called in. I noticed there were no short yardage quick passes in the game today as in weeks pass. I was clueless as to why none were used today to beat the rush the Jets put on us today. These short yardage plays, slants, etc are what beats the rush. At any rate complaining does not eliminate to hard turth....The Jets served us our ass on a silver platter today. I pray we can only use this game as fuel and a hard learned memory to build on in the future,
therocksteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,310 Times in 1,414 Posts

our running backs have been hit behind the line a total of 33 times for minus 81 yds.
ben has been sacked 30 times for minus 221 yds
thats a total of 63 negative yardage plays for minus 302 yds.
thats equivelent to an entire freakin game of plays and yardage !!!
what burns my ass , is last year the line was bad,and the only thing the F.O. did was pick up a mediocre FA , and draft a late rd lineman and cut him.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote