Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default OM(Freakin')G!!! Any Freakin' Sunday

I know we played like crap today, I know our O-Line/Special Teams suck. BUT COME ON!!!

I Know we should have won that game, but we're still 7-3 and get over it!!! We lost to a desperate team, Good Teams lost games they shouldn't sometimes....any team can beat any team on any freakin' sunday. the world is not OVER...contrary to popular belief.

I am pissed about today but quite saying we have no shot at the rest of the year or doing anything in the playoffs. WE HAVE SEVEN WEEKS TO FIX THINGS! NOW SHUT UP AND WATCH THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #2
wise1s
Water Boy

Member Number: 3305
Default Re: OM(Freakin')G!!! Any Freakin' Sunday

Yeah good teams lose games they shouldn't but we've lost 3 games we shouldn't have!! I'm not writing the Steelers off they are a good team and will win the division but our O-Line needs to step up!! NY Jets 9 sacks all year and 7 more yesterday, The Browns D-Line didn't have any sacks until they played against our offensive line. It's great to be a fan and I would never root against them but there's nothing wrong with facing the reality that our Line needs some work!
wise1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise1s View Post
Yeah good teams lose games they shouldn't but we've lost 3 games we shouldn't have!! I'm not writing the Steelers off they are a good team and will win the division but our O-Line needs to step up!! NY Jets 9 sacks all year and 7 more yesterday, The Browns D-Line didn't have any sacks until they played against our offensive line. It's great to be a fan and I would never root against them but there's nothing wrong with facing the reality that our Line needs some work!
I think it was well established in the pre-season that the Steelers OL was less than stellar and I don't believe anyone thought otherwise. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and hoped they would "gel" in the first few weeks of the season, but in reality, they just haven't. The right side of the line is like swiss cheese and I was very encouraged by Sean Mahan at camp, but he has disappointed me since after the Steelers bye. I hope Tomlin puts them through hell this week in practice and they apply themselves next week against the Fins. Obviously, the line isn't going to get much better with its current personnel, but if they can at least play at a hair above mediocricy (which they haven't done), we've got as good a chance as the Browns to take the AFCN this season.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I think it was well established in the pre-season that the Steelers OL was less than stellar and I don't believe anyone thought otherwise. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and hoped they would "gel" in the first few weeks of the season, but in reality, they just haven't. The right side of the line is like swiss cheese and I was very encouraged by Sean Mahan at camp, but he has disappointed me since after the Steelers bye.
But this was the first week that I think they actually played below their ability; they've only been average, but yesterday they were below average. I took the time yesterday to do some rewinds and some slow-mo playback. On some plays, the Jets did some stunting that we had no guys covering. But still; you have 3 linemen blocking one guy, and no linemen picking up another? Come on. But what was far more worrisome was that on too many other plays our guys were flat out beat, both on runs and passes. Like beat as in out-quicked and out-muscled. the line isn't jelling; it is getting tired and wearing down.

Quote:
I hope Tomlin puts them through hell this week in practice and they apply themselves next week against the Fins. Obviously, the line isn't going to get much better with its current personnel, but if they can at least play at a hair above mediocricy (which they haven't done), we've got as good a chance as the Browns to take the AFCN this season.
Well, we have a better chance than the Browns, being a game up and holding all the tiebreakers right now. But unless things turn around, our chances of going anywhere in the playoffs are laughable. The best teams we've played this year (the Browns and Seahawks) are marginal; the Steelers, as they have played so far, even at their best, would get smoked by the Cowboys or the Pats. Or the Packers or Giants, for that matter. And we should worry about Jacksonville. We needed to get BETTER yesterday, and we didn't. We got WORSE.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
dlsf8607
Water Boy

Member Number: 4332

Am I the only person who thinks that the OL misses Hartings, just from pure leadership standpoint?
dlsf8607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #6
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

Totally agree,
we all do not need to take the bridge just yet, but did this kind of screw up the AFC for us- yes.
Is there a chance for us to improve-of course.
It's not over , till the patriots cheat again.

Ha- it's ok , we need to 42 on the dolphins then we will be ok !

go stillers!!!!
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote