Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Ben Still Good

Something i noticed from last year was that when we lost a silly game it was usually Ben's fault of lead to Ben is some way.
This year i think proves Ben is back to normal speaking that when we lose games his stats are pretty good or average just look what he did against Denver with 3TD's and 1 pick and Jets with 1 TD and 1 Pick now for losing a game thats pretty average stats.
But wow his stats with a win are crazy with about 200Yds passing 2.5TD and .5INT now thats great stuff.
Ben is a leader for us and does his job and plays his heart out every week for us!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Ben Still Good

People where saying after the game "Ben is overrated now, he''s not as good as people think, etc..." On the contrery; it looked like to me Ben was the only offensive weapon that was actually working yesterday. There were many times when he would avoid the rush to throw downfield and have Ward or Washington drop the ball. Sure, they were tough catches but that is the job of a reciever... The QB gives you a chance to make the catch and you help him out. Ben hasn't had a real bad game all year... Some average, but he definatley hasn't lost us a game.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Definitely, too bad the o line will get him killed out there pretty soon. but no one can say now that Ben lost us the games
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

ben had at least one interception and lost a fumble in each one of our losses. i blame our oline for the recent 2 fumbles, but i think it was his fault in the arizona game. so when we have lost this year, it has pretty much been a team effort. but he is playing about as well as anyone could behind that oline.. so its tough to criticize him too much.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

Ben has definately won us a few games this year, but he certainly hasn't lost us any games this year. I thought Ben was the only good player on the field yesterday and Holmes also made some great catches. How do you expect Ben to scramble when there's guys coming from all angles while his o-line is just standing there and most of the time the recievers didn't get open. I still believe Ben is underrated. I told you last week that everyone would jump on Ben's bandwagon, as they did, and now since the Steelers lost, they all jumped off the bandwagon and want a new QB.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Ben is God.....Just think what the Steelers record would be without him this year? I say 5-5 or even 4-6 at best....yes the defense would still be good without Ben...I love Batch as a backup but he couldn't make some of th plays Ben has made this year.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Just think what the Steelers record would be without him this year? I say 5-5 or even 4-6 at best....
I think that's being generous. With Maddox (post-'02) or Kordell? 2-8, if we're lucky.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think that's being generous. With Maddox (post-'02) or Kordell? 2-8, if we're lucky.
You might be right....But I was just factoring the weak schedule this year.......I think with Batch starting the Steelers would have beaten the Browns in the first game,Bills,49ers and Bengals....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
You might be right....But I was just factoring the weak schedule this year.......I think with Batch starting the Steelers would have beaten the Browns in the first game,Bills,49ers and Bengals....
Ah, OK - in the case of Batch, yeah, 4-6 or 5-5 would be more like it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
Steelfan4ever
Water Boy

Member Number: 7721

Just got off the CBS Sportsline.com site where some clown was bashing the Steelers, Ben and women in Pittsburgh. This guy refered to Ben as "AWFULBERGER and that yesterdays loss was basically his fault.

He apparently is a Colts fan and in his opinion as a Colts fan believes that the Colts are and have always been a superior team to the Steelers. Didn't quote any factual material but instead bashed Ben and everyone he could think of in Pittsburgh.

Never the less Ben is still a GREAT QB and has gotten this team to where they are in the season. The columnists on ESPN and every other site need something to play up so the readers get on and respond an post. The more posts a columnist gets, the better for him because his article gets the hits.

Ben will probably take alot of heat this week but it is the O line that needs to take a hard look at their performance. I just hope Ben does not get hurt until they do. I am not understanding these lackluster road games.

I believe that Tomlin will get the guys up for a knockout blow to the Dolphins and they will want to prove that they are still a great team.

KEEP THE FAITH STEELERS FANS!!!
Steelfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote