Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498
Default Re: Tailgate parking lots

Here is the parking lot map:

(altered because my post count isn't enough to have links... even though this is VERY helpful... figure out the link yourself)
w w w .alcoparking.com/gameday.htm

All the Gold, Red & Green are pre-sold

Some of the blue is pre-sold.. I usually park in Blue 7G.. I know for sure it and Blue 7J you can get in the day of IF YOU GET THERE EARLY.

The deal is, they have "X" number of spots for day-of sale & "X" amount for pre-sold.. so once they reach the day of amount, you have to have a pass.

Blue 7G is excellent for tailgating, although it is a long walk.. but you get to walk by all the other cool tailgates.

The lots open 5 hours prior to gametime.. and I usually get there 45 minutes to an hour prior to that to "get in line" with my Steeler van to get a spot. That means for a 4:00 PM game, you will need to get there at 10:00 AM to guarantee a spot.

Or, you can buy a gold or red lot spot off of ebay & show up whatever time you want. Just make sure you don't buy a garage parking lot pass.. can't tailgate in a garage.

ALL of the non-garage parking lots have a bazillion people tailgating.

Mel
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
PalmerSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 3520

great info. thanks!
PalmerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
Man are you the "Steelers Fan Van"? We stay at the Marriott when we come up for games and my son loved the Steelers Fan Van outside our window in the 7G lot , it was right on the end for the Cleveland game last year.
Thats me!!! Yep, I get there early, I like to get the spot right at the end... everyone can find me a lot easier then

I'm pysched this year, my brother & I went in on a whole season (flipped a coin & got 1/2 of the tickets each), so I will be there FOR SURE for the Ratbirds, Giants, Chargers & Bungles

I will for sure AT LEAST tailgate for the Browns game too, that is what I ended up doing last year, tailgating & putting a TV in the back of the van, we had probably a dozen people watching the game in the parking lot.

Mel
Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #14
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Fine with me... I find that pretty humorous they were watching us... All I had was an antennae & fuzzy reception.. it was pretty weird that I didnt get good reception in downtown pittsburgh

Mel
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by FansinAllentown View Post
This is our second time out to Pittsburgh to tailgate before a game. Can anyone help with parking lots that you do not have to pay in advance? Close to the stadium would be good but if we have to walk a bit that's OK. What time do the lots open and how much earlier should we be there in order to get a space? Can we bring a fire ring to cook on? or is it just grills?
We are really looking forward to the partying and game. The boyz have to get themselves together and kick some Dolphin butt back to Florida!

Thanks for your help. Can't wait to get to the Burgh!

FansInAllentown
There is no such thing as free parking near Heinz Field. All the lots around the stadium do charge for parking.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #16
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Thanks for the pix! Cool to see an overhead view of the scene! See the person in the big yellow foam cowboy hat with the parker throwback on??? That is my friend Lori.. I am in the other big yellow foam cowboy hat... you can't really see me... but I'm there.

I have some good plans for the van this year, especially since I have more tickets :)

Mel
Old 08-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #17
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalman View Post
Now I am really confused..."nojobny" says there is lots of parking near stadium but just get there early but "Stlrs4Life" says all lots are pre-sold??? Game starts at 4:00 and we want to be there asap....but where is the question?

I hear ya Mel, we also are always in line waiting to get in. I too park my vehicle in 7G early and walk to Blue 7F to where our tailgate is.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"

Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 08-04-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #18
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,379 Times in 499 Posts

I'll go ahead and link the map that TailgateMel posted about earlier (be sure to click this link for more parking details and tailgating policies):

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Also... from my personal experience....

If you get a Gold Lot pass.. there are security people there that REALLY enforce the rules.. including the NO TENTS rule.. which means NO EZ-UPS.. which really was a bummer last year for the Ravens game when it rained a lot.

In the lot I *usually* park in... once they get the people parked... the parking people are GONE... people have EZ ups.. people have burn barrells... its a lot more easy going... but... it is a longer walk.

A friend of mine paid all that extra $$$ for a gold lot 1 pass for the ravens game last year & it was TOTALLY not worth it... especially since we sat in traffic forever trying to get out... if you are from the the north (279 north) or the northeast (rt. 28) Blue 7G is the bomb, you turn right, and are almost instantly on the HOV ramp for 279 north.. and rt. 28 isn't far.

Mel
Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #20
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

In our lot they don't allow any tents either. And we are right behind ya.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote