Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Mahan is a natural G and has had to adjust to the C position with the Steelers. I'm not going to ride him out of Pittsburgh after his first 10 games with the team for God's sake. Maybe he is the heir apparent to Faneca and then we'll be able to see him in his natural position. You people need to learn the art of patience. It's not like the guy totally stinks up the OL - for the most part, he's done his job imho, but he doesn't look like the brute I saw in TC. That's basically all I was saying in my first post.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Mahan is a natural G and has had to adjust to the C position with the Steelers. I'm not going to ride him out of Pittsburgh after his first 10 games with the team for God's sake. Maybe he is the heir apparent to Faneca and then we'll be able to see him in his natural position. You people need to learn the art of patience. It's not like the guy totally stinks up the OL - for the most part, he's done his job imho, but he doesn't look like the brute I saw in TC. That's basically all I was saying in my first post.
I agree with you HTG..I think the best five O-linemen are starting every sunday...but I still wonder if Simmons might not be a better fit at Center..and Mahan would be a better guard.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #23
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 721
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
That's because people like you have no idea what they are talking about.

Mahan has played like garbage all year long. It is way too obvious
OK, you've posted six times in this thread, each one saying basically the same thing. Clearly you feel very emotionally about your subject. If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then instead of blanket one-line statements saying he's crap and should be cut, why not produce some stats and factual information that back up your position?

Informed opinions are eagerly welcomed by all in this forum, even when we disagree. But I don't appreciate being told that I don't know what I'm talking about, when every single time I post, I back it up with information and ideas that support my position. You absolutely don't have to agree with me, but please show me the courtesy of telling me why.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,423
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 141
Thanked 799 Times in 311 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
That's because people like you have no idea what they are talking about.

Mahan has played like garbage all year long. It is way too obvious
OK, disagreeing with someone is one thing, but telling someone they don't know what they're talking about is another. What exactly makes you such an expert? Please cool it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
OK, you've posted six times in this thread, each one saying basically the same thing. Clearly you feel very emotionally about your subject. If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then instead of blanket one-line statements saying he's crap and should be cut, why not produce some stats and factual information that back up your position?

Informed opinions are eagerly welcomed by all in this forum, even when we disagree. But I don't appreciate being told that I don't know what I'm talking about, when every single time I post, I back it up with information and ideas that support my position. You absolutely don't have to agree with me, but please show me the courtesy of telling me why.
I agree jazzy.

C'mon people - show a little respect to your fellow Steelers fans, huh?
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #26
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter
 
SteelerFanInCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,179
Gender: Male
Member Number: 875
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

As far as I can see Mahan seems to be holding his own. He may have slacked off the last game but from the entire season stand point, he isn't all that bad.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

It's a good thing we aren't NASA. With this many experts all of such varying opinions, we couldn't make a paper airplane fly, let alone a satellite or space shuttle!
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #28
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
worst free agent signing by the Steelers EVER!!!
Did you not see Donnel Woolford play CB as a replacement for Woodson?

How about Travis Davis at Safety?
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #29
Lord Stiller
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,230
Member Number: 7087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
OK, you've posted six times in this thread, each one saying basically the same thing. Clearly you feel very emotionally about your subject. If I have no idea what I'm talking about, then instead of blanket one-line statements saying he's crap and should be cut, why not produce some stats and factual information that back up your position?
stats? they dont keep stats for playing like crap

And I dont buy the whole 'transition' from guard to center BS. You either know how to block or not. Hartings had no trouble at all with the transition
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #30
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Sean Mahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
stats? they dont keep stats for playing like crap

And I dont buy the whole 'transition' from guard to center BS. You either know how to block or not. Hartings had no trouble at all with the transition
Hartings was also an All Pro offensive lineman at Guard before he came to Pittsburgh. Mahan was not and probably never will be.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts