Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-20-2007, 06:41 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Ward: Steelers bound to have bad game

"Over the course of 16 games, you're bound to have one bad game," is how Hines Ward put it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07324/835346-66.stm

So I guess Denver and Arizona were only mediocre but not bad games? Hopefully Ward only has that sort of attitude for public consumption and does not believe it privately.

With 3 of the last 4 games on the road this better be the last bad game.

11-5 is no sure thing to win the division and if the Steelers lose to Jax a wild card is not in the bank either
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Ward: Steelers bound to have bad game

I guess he meant they were bound to have at least one REALLY bad game.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Hines is right. The team needs to accept the fact that they played a bad game and move on. I'm sure they recognize that they control their on destiny, and over the course of the next 6 games, as long as they revert back to their winning form, they should win the division and make the playoffs.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,288 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Ricky Williams, who led the NFL in rushing in 2002, could play in the NFL for the first time in two years Monday night after commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him. Williams certainly has fresh legs -- he has not played in the NFL since 2005 and his brief turn in the Canadian League ended with a fractured forearm in 2006.

If Thomas Jones of the Jets was capable of rushing for 117 yards and thus becoming the first back to top 100 against the Steelers in 35 games, Williams at least has the resume to do so.
Yep, Rasta Ricky is coming to town. We're doomed. He hasn't played for 2 years, hasn't been worth a damn as a RB in 5 years, but he's gonna drop at least 200 and 2 TDs on us, I'm sure. Give me a break.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
"Over the course of 16 games, you're bound to have one bad game," is how Hines Ward put it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07324/835346-66.stm

So I guess Denver and Arizona were only mediocre but not bad games? Hopefully Ward only has that sort of attitude for public consumption and does not believe it privately.

With 3 of the last 4 games on the road this better be the last bad game.

11-5 is no sure thing to win the division and if the Steelers lose to Jax a wild card is not in the bank either
I'd hold the Cards and Broncs in a little higher esteem than the Jets. They're both 5-5 at this point in the season. We shouldn't have lost to either of those teams, but losing to the Jets was a real punch in the gut.

OK - so Hines was wrong. We've had 3 bad games thus far. Let's see how the boys bounce back from adversity.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Hines Ward: "How are you supposed to prepare for a team that has everything to gain and nothing to lose?"

Just a little advice here and I may be way off........but you better learn how to prepare for those type of teams because you have another one coming up next Monday.

On that note, I would like to ask Hines Ward why is it that we are the only ones who fail to "prepare" for the teams who have everything to gain and nothing to lose?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well I have to say, we can not afford to lose anymore games. As much as I hate to say this, we will probably lose to Belicheat and company and the Browns have a pretty easy schedule to finish out and I can see them winning out. If we lose 2 then we give the division to the Browns . . . so . . . maybe they have to figure out how to prepare for games against EVERY team no matter if they have nothing to lose or not! On a positive note, I am feeling a little better about losing to the Broncos and the Cards because they are not too bad of teams. I feel part of their records (Jets included) have alot to do with the injuries they sustained early in thier seasons, all 3 were supposed to be in the playoffs this year, and 2 of them might still make the playoffs. Dont get me wrong, we had no business losing to them, and had our team showed up we would have won, but they are not bad teams by any means.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
Physical Presence
Water Boy

Member Number: 2583

I wouldn't bet on Cleveland winning out. Sure, they don't play any great teams the rest of the way, but I tell you what, the only remaining game on their schedule that is a gimmie is the last one against SF. Every other team they play is capable of beating them.
Physical Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #9
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Maybe he should stop dropping passes and they wouldn't have the bad game.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Hines Ward: "How are you supposed to prepare for a team that has everything to gain and nothing to lose?"

Just a little advice here and I may be way off........but you better learn how to prepare for those type of teams because you have another one coming up next Monday.

On that note, I would like to ask Hines Ward why is it that we are the only ones who fail to "prepare" for the teams who have everything to gain and nothing to lose?
going by this philosophy, shouldn't they beat New England then...a team that has everything to lose (a shot at 19-0 and immortality) and nothing to gain except another smackdown?
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote