Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
SteelStealth
Water Boy

Member Number: 7711
Exclamation Two Days After

Ok. That game made me speechless. It was very painfull and shameful. I could not comment until now. First, I was looking at what the world has been saying about the Steelers. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They are saying we won't make the playoffs, our season is over and we aren't for real. That made me want to speak up. That was only one game. Yes, I know we have flaws, O-Line especially. But this is football, and teams will always will have flaws. This is YOUR team people, the same team you love when they win. If there is anyone that isn't real, it's the fans who say stuff like that. We shall bounce back, and only get better. Any team that can win three on the road in the playoffs, can acomplish anything. Besides, this is MY team and I have faith. Now either you are a true fan, or get off the bandwagon, because we don't need fair weather fans in Steeler Nation. WE are the number one fans, and will always be. Instead of being so critical, especially of Tomlin, let's look at the positive things. Look at our record. Remember, Tomlin, the staff and the players, are all still learning each other's ways. For a first year, we are doing exceptionally above average. Don't worry about the loss, the Defense, Special Teams and the O-Line shall rise again. This thanksgiving, I am thankful we don't have any serious injuries. Thank you for reading this.
SS
SteelStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Two Days After

so basically you are saying fans should be lemmings.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Make the playoffs? Sure.

Season over? No way.

Elite football team? No.

And it was not "just one game".

Yeah, every team does have it's flaws, but we have more than one and they are pretty big flaws.

When your o-lines stinks, that's a pretty damn big flaw if you plan on hanging with the elite in the league (or the freakin' Jets for that matter).

Our STs are just as bad.

I've heard the Mel Gibson-Braveheart speech before and quite frankly, it's old......"You are either a fan or get off the bandwagon!!!".

Stating a game is over in the first quarter while only being down by 7 is pathetic and sad. Criticizing the team and pointing out our HUGE flaws after we lose to a football team who has won one game all year long (now two thanks to us) is acceptable. I see no problem with that. If that makes me less of a fan in your eyes, well frankly I really don't give a shit. It just get's old. I think the whole damn team deserves blame after that loss. Counting the coaching staff, yes even Tomlin.

Simply pointing out what went wrong and what our weaknesses are after losing to the Jets is completely understandable. What do you expect? Smiles and party poppers after that game? A parade down Grant Street? I'm sorry, this team could have one win right now and I would still love them and watch them every week, but I'm not going to wear my black and gold sunglasses when they are losing to teams who they have absolutely no business losing to. I was not expecting a 16-0 season, but this is now the third game we have dropped to a team who we should have destroyed.

Then again, there's always a cure if you do not want to read about our flaws and what we need to fix in order to hang with the elite in this league.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
Not at all - it's much better to read whining, bitching and complaining about every aspect of the team after every game, win or lose. Blind homerism is annoying, but constant and unending negativity is equally as annoying.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?teeldude View Post
I don't believe he is saying that at all. I have made no secret about how disgusting it was to read some of the post-game comments on this board from Steelers "fans" (and I do use that term lightly) after the loss to the Jets on Sunday. Geez Louise - it was like being on the Titanic around here.

No - we didn't play well at all as a team and the coaches should get their fair share of the blame as well. Realistically speaking, though, any fans who felt there weren't going to be bumps in the road this season were only fooling themselves. We have a couple of glaring weaknesses (as most teams have) that need to be fixed (or at least band-aided until we can address them in FA/draft) if the Steelers are going to be a serious playoff contender.

This team needs our positive support and energy now - not our destructive criticism. I enjoy reading some of the post-game posts where members try to strategize what went wrong and what needs fixed. What I don't enjoy reading are posts from those who actually post that they've put their fist through a wall or screamed at a loved one - over a football game?

Bottom line? I'm a Steelers fan through and through no matter what. I believe this team is quite capable of winning the AFCN and advancing in the playoffs. If I'm wrong, so be it - I'll still be standing right there beside 'em.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well if this game does not serve as a wake-up call, we may not make the playoffs, we are not a lock to win our division with the Browns easy schedule and our not so easy schedule. We can not afford to lose another game (because I feel we will lose to the Pats) If we drop 2 we will probably give the division to the Browns and not make the wildcard!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
This team needs our positive support and energy now - not our destructive criticism.
Agreed. Besides, the team get's enough critcism from the local media. Have you all read the sports sections recently? Quite a roasting if you ask me.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

well said hometowngal. if people are truely mad at tomlin and/ or yelling at loved ones because the entire steeler team did not perform well, then i think they need to get some perspective. we should all be thankful that we are not the falcons, or the countless other teams that are not gonna make the playoffs. period.

how many teams don't see the postseason year after year. be thankful we are 7-3. did we all forget last year already???

a few days ago, ben was looking like the best qb in the league and we all were ready to annoint our defense as better then the iron curtain. lets get some perspective people!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Contenders don't lose to 1-8 teams.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

I love the Steelers and have for over 30 years. It is just frustrating that they come out with no fire in their eyes against lousy road teams. I do not throw them under the bus because of one loss, but the play calling and execution was pathetic in that game. I realize they played a vanilla offensive plan on purpose in that game because there is no reason to expose our best game plans for weak teams, but come on. Show enough creativity in the game plan to at least win a game. I realize the players are the most to blame, but the coaching was just plain bad in that game. We need to work on the red zone offense if we want to win the big games this year. Field goals do not cut it.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote