Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Not giving up.

"Not that good of a team"....."This team has some serious flaws"...."The Steelers were exposed as a 2nd tier team"

Sound familiar? You have probably been hearing these type of remarks from the national and local talking heads regarding our beloved Steelers. You can't blame them, in all honesty, when you consider the caliber of team that managed to sack Ben 7 times, run at will against out #1 ranked run defense, and make our offense look outright anemic.

But...it should sound familiar for other reasons. Turn the clock back to 2005. The Steelers were 11-5 and every week they were down-played nationally as the stepsister to the Indianapolis Drizella's and the New England Anastatia's.

I think we all remember that, that specific fairy tale ended with all of us living "happy ever after".

There is still plenty of time left in this season to shore up what problems we have all noticed.
Sooooo...the last time I checked, the playoffs are still a "one and done" system...and until we get knocked out....I wont quit believing we have what it takes. BRING IT ON...I'm not giving up.

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 11-20-2007 at 08:11 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
steelermuzik
Water Boy

Member Number: 5642
Default Re: Not giving up.

"I'm not giving up."

Me neither. I believe!
steelermuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I think it's been well established here on the board that I'm not giving up and I believe in this team. They are 7-3, atop the AFCN and have 2 home games coming up back to back in OUR house, one against a divisional opponent and one against a conference opponent. As long as this team continues to believe in itself and in each other, they're going to be just fine. Good teams rise from adversity.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I think it's been well established here on the board that I'm not giving up and I believe in this team. They are 7-3, atop the AFCN and have 2 home games coming up back to back in OUR house, one against a divisional opponent and one against a conference opponent. As long as this team continues to believe in itself and in each other, they're going to be just fine. Good teams rise from adversity.
Agreed. I was one of the tens of thousands of Steeler fans in attendance at Sunday's game, and the experience fell just short of last year's incomprehensible meltdown vs. the Raiders (one of the most painful losses I've ever experienced - only the AFC Championship loss to San Diego at Three Rivers in 1994, which I attended, hurt worse). It was shocking, embarrassing, and disappointing. But I've been a Steelers fan for more than 30 years and will never give up on my team, win or lose.

The first thing to say about Sunday's performance is this: if you look back at the last 20 or so years of this team's history, it's littered with games just like Sunday's - predicted blow-away wins that turn into embarrassing and head-scratching losses. If I recall correctly, there might have been one or two of those in our recent Super Bowl season as well.

If the Steelers lose to, or barely survive to squeak out a last-second win against the Dolphins on Monday night, then undeniably our season is in trouble. As it stands right now, the Steelers team that I watched play on Sunday evening doesn't have a prayer of beating New England in a playoff game, regardless of the outcome of their upcoming regular-season meeting; a dominating win on Monday will be critical to rebuild the psyche of the team and get them moving back in the right direction. If they rebound with exactly the type of total domination performance they should have turned in on Sunday, then I think we're back on the right track.

What angers me no end, though, is how in the media we have gone from an impressive, legitimate Super Bowl contender to total irrelevance in three days, because of one game, as though none of the previous seven wins means anything. It's like they've just been waiting for an excuse to write us off, and here it is. Last week, they couldn't say enough about our top-ranked defense and Ben's maturity, and now every bit of it is meaningless. Absolutely disgusting.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The ST's showed improvement Sunday, and I expect them to continue to improve. The defense is still #1 in the NFL in every major category. The offense is very good at the skilled positions. We fix the OL, and we are legitimate SB contenders.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #6
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

I'll never give up, ever!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Give up? Only bungals and ratbirds fans give up at this point in the season. Even last year when we were not even mediocre, I never gave up!

Give up now? NO THANKS! I know this team can and will perform better down the stretch. I know that they will (over the years) continue to disappoint me in certain game performances. I also know that they can go into the playoffs and blow up home field advantage from other teams, and I know that they can WIN another SUPER BOWL!

And I know that they didn't have to cheat to get there!

I am a STEELERS FAN
I am part of STEELERS NATION
WE ARE BLACK AND GOLD!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I'm not worried. I'm not giving up.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I like our chances.

I think some of our best football is still ahead of us.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
alitylr
Water Boy

Member Number: 7039

I still believe!!! Go STEELERS!!
alitylr is offline   Reply With Quote