Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
ohiosteelerfan20
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4962
Default Re: Not giving up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitylr View Post
I still believe!!! Go STEELERS!!
Me too
ohiosteelerfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Me ha ill never give up on the black and gold!

Go Steelers!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

At the beginning of the season, we all predicted and posted what we thought the Steelers record would be. If I am not mistaken...the average was around 10-6 to 11-5...and the general consenus was that we were being very optimistic about that kind of record. Noone was seriously predicting a SuperBowl win but we all thought we had what it takes to win the Division and make the playoffs
Now, we are 7-3 and I see sooooo many people who are acting like our team has dissapointed us in some way.

7-3

As Dennis Green said:
"They are who we thought they were"...a very talented team who would be experiencing some growing pains due to a new coach ...and would have some postitions to "shore up" due to losses in the off season.

7-3.

I'll take it with a sense of pride and thankfullness that I can watch my team everyweek and know that they at least have a chance to compete without cheating or selling out to a bunch of thug recruits.

7-3.

Thank you Tomlin...Thank you Mr. Rooney...Thank you Pittsburgh!

I'm not giving up!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
At the beginning of the season, we all predicted and posted what we thought the Steelers record would be. If I am not mistaken...the average was around 10-6 to 11-5...and the general consenus was that we were being very optimistic about that kind of record. Noone was seriously predicting a SuperBowl win but we all thought we had what it takes to win the Division and make the playoffs
Now, we are 7-3 and I see sooooo many people who are acting like our team has dissapointed us in some way.

7-3

As Dennis Green said:
"They are who we thought they were"...a very talented team who would be experiencing some growing pains due to a new coach ...and would have some postitions to "shore up" due to losses in the off season.

7-3.

I'll take it with a sense of pride and thankfullness that I can watch my team everyweek and know that they at least have a chance to compete without cheating or selling out to a bunch of thug recruits.

7-3.

Thank you Tomlin...Thank you Mr. Rooney...Thank you Pittsburgh!

I'm not giving up!!!!
Nice, more people stepping and standing by the team.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #15
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Well I'll never up on our steelers and, it is not time to push the panic button either. Like it was mentioned above we are at the top of our division with two home games coming up. We just need to take care of busniess and win that is all. To me the main thing is lock a playoff spot then get ready for the second season. Ofcourse we have to tighten up in a few areas oline ,special teams and running the ball. I would rather struggle a little now then struggle in the playoffs. Now my next point The titians lost to the broncos so, how the media did not pile on the titians like they did on us? I mean now the media is giving credit to the broncos and, when we lost to them we were called a bad team some even said a fraud. Even as bad as we played in those three loses each game was very close and, we could have won thoses games. I know we did not so it does not matter. SO now it is time to bring the pain! Go steelers!!!
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:01 AM   #16
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

idk man... that year tommy maddox lost two games for us and ben was injured.... and our o-line was not much of a problem... fast forward to this year.... no tommy and ben playin healthy.. and our o-line is a gigantic problem
Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #17
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

I didn't realize that anyone had given up on the Steelers. Where did that come from? Who gave up, the media? Who cares?

We don't need to see the Steelers as the top story on every episode of Sportscenter. That crap bores me and it softens the team when they start believing the hype.

It was a disappointing loss versus the Jets. I WAS upset but now I'm just waiting for the next game to hurry up and get here. An 8-3 Steelers record is on the horizon, a record to be proud of.

Give up? It never crossed my mind.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:42 AM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

we're 7-3.. there really isnt any reason to give up anything.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:03 AM   #19
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Ok everyone.. this season is definitely Not over. We must come out and get this thing rolling again. Our O Line has pretty much doomed our season in my opinion. But Ben this past week against the Jets just held the ball too long at times. I am looking forward to seeing the Steelers replace Faneca with someone that can actually block someone. The Steelers are gonna have to work on this O Line in this offseason and the upcoming draft.
But with that being said... This season is not over. We are still in 1st place in our division and the Colts are struggling with injuries. Of course the Jaguars are coming on strong..but the Steelers are still in this thing.. so Dont give up..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:15 AM   #20
Boomerang
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7503

We WILL rise to the challenge and finish strong!

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote