Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-21-2007, 04:30 AM   #11
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,943 Times in 1,656 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Porters coming to town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I hope we blow them out but I want to see Joey get a sack... Maybe on Batch when we take Ben out in the second half lol... I can't see him getting many boos... I would cheer for him.
I don't see how you could want to see any of our quarterbacks get sacked by him like tony said what if they get a season ending injury.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Maybe the Steelers can get one of their water boys in a pregame fight with loudmouth and get him tossed for the game?

The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #13
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Joey will get a slight handful of boos. I will boo him. He is the enemy now.
Why boo him? he didnt hurt us, we cut him, remember? I hope he is a non-factor in the game but I wont boo him. he was a good LB for us.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I will boo the whole damn Dolphin team when they come out. I always do. If Porter sacks Ben, I will boo Porter.

BTW, we did not just "release" Porter. For some reason or another many seem to forget him crying about his contract before he left......

Quote:
Although no one on the Steelers would say so, the threat by Porter to hold out last summer played a factor in his release. Team officials did not want to burden new head coach Mike Tomlin with that kind of threat to his authority. Even though Porter was scheduled to make $5 million in the final year of his deal, he was unhappy with his contract and there was a chance he might boycott some of the minicamps and then training camp had he remained with the team.
I do not see it as Joey being the poor athlete who wasn't given a fair shot and the Rooney's being the harsh owners who simply threw him out of the city. He wanted more money. He got in Miami. Now he's playing on a pathetically sad football team. He is the enemy. Plain and simple.

BTW, I don't care if Jack Lambert or Jack Ham come out of retirement, join the Dolphins and sack our QB this upcoming Monday, the day I cheer for a player on the opposing team who sacks our QB is the day I get my head examined, sell my season tickets and become a Patriots fan.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07060/766095-66.stm

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 11-21-2007 at 09:51 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #15
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borski View Post
Why boo him? he didnt hurt us, we cut him, remember? I hope he is a non-factor in the game but I wont boo him. he was a good LB for us.
I'm with you. Joey was a great part of the Steelers for a long time (and a significant contributor to our Super Bowl success), and he wanted to stay here. I hope we blow the Dolphins off the map in every category, but I would never boo Joey.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #16
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
and if that sack leads to a season ending injury to ben (or batch) i guess its just gravy, right?

i still like joey as much as anyone, but i dont wanna see ANYBODY lay a hand on ben. im getting kinda tired of it, actually.

but that is just me. i just dont like to see a steelers qb sacked ANYTIME. i dont care if its porter or my momma.

anybody hear any trash coming out of his mouth, so far this week?

*crickets chirping*

i didnt think so.

Sacks and QB hurries/hits are part of the game. Most likley it's going to happen anyway so why not have it be Porter?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I loved Peezy when he wore the black and gold and I wish him the best but not against the Steelers!!! I want to see him shut out in the sack department all night long and I want to see the frustration on his face and see him pacing the sidelines talking (yelling) to himself.

As far as wanting him to get a sack on Ben, I can't reply with anything but.....WOW.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #18
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
porter provided almost no pressure, was horrible against the run and disappeared during games after spewing trash during pre-game warmups. he was a good LB for about 2 years.

he is now on the dolphins. this actually means he will be playing for us. because the dolphins will be weak on porter's side.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #19
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
He WAS. Guess what? He's not any good anymore and he's not with US anymore. Joey would not take a pay cut, that and the Steelers brass seen into his declining play. So they let him go.

I will boo him.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #20
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
He WAS. Guess what? He's not any good anymore and he's not with US anymore. Joey would not take a pay cut, that and the Steelers brass seen into his declining play. So they let him go.

I will boo him.
Almost no one here would take that big a pay cut to stay with the Steelers. Ok... The Steelers maybe lol, but imagine you're employer. If you could make a ton more money somewhere else, hell no - most people wouldn't take a paycut.