Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Smizik: Don't panic over Steelers

Well Said Mr. Smizik!

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #12
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I have no problem at all with fans critiquing their team, but when I see and hear fans expecting their team to be perfect every week come hell or high water and not have up and down games (and seasons) as ALL teams do at some point, (even the Patsies who aren't going to be at the top forever), along with expecting the team to win the division, get into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl every freakin' season - that's when I want to throttle the living sh it out of 'em.

There are also a ton of people who do nothing but sit behind a desk with an iron fist, dictating to others what to do their entire lives and make millions.

It isn't just about playing a game, Dan. These guys have to be in tip-top physical condition and go through rigorous drills both in TC and in daily practices (with a day off here and there). Their bodies go through hell and some of the injuries stick with them after their playing days are over. I never make light of what these guys do.
You don't think I'm full aware of what these players put their bodies through....But I don't feel sorry for these current players...I feel sorry for the older players who didn't make millions and now are suffering and can't even get the NFL to compensate them and are the main reason why the NFL is what it is today....So save the pity party for the old timers who didn't make millions....Not these over paid spoiled ego maniacs that play today...

I'm sorry if fans want to boo, be critical of a bunch ego maniacal,multi millionaires then its their right.....it doesn't make them any less of a fan......
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
steelcity58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3251

The Steelers have had a tough time beating even the mediocre Bledsoe led Pats,
much less the cheats and the geniuses that are Brady, Bellichik and apparently
anyone who knows that they can line up Vrabel anytime at the goal line and throw
some dump pass for a TD and recieve the same shocked look from the opposing
team.

Vrabel is a linebacker. You see him line up, you put one of your hardest hitters,
and catch the guy square in the jawline, whether he is in the play or not.

Do that, and then you force the "thinkers" to maybe think about not losing
one of their best LB's by trying to be cute.

Football is only a chess match until you knock someone's ass in the dirt.
steelcity58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #14
Glace
Team Captain

Member Number: 3609

You just have to understand that people are passionate about their football teams.

Yes there is a difference between pointing out flaws and mistakes, and just plain saying crap like Tomlin should be fired or players should be benched.

The loss to the Jets is still hurting me. It's a pain like sombody is stabbing me. Watching the O-line constantly fold all night was like having needles shoved under my fingernails....But in the greater scheme...we get to go out and cheer for our team on Monday night!!
Glace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
steelcity58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glace View Post
You just have to understand that people are passionate about their football teams.

Yes there is a difference between pointing out flaws and mistakes, and just plain saying crap like Tomlin should be fired or players should be benched.

The loss to the Jets is still hurting me. It's a pain like sombody is stabbing me. Watching the O-line constantly fold all night was like having needles shoved under my fingernails....But in the greater scheme...we get to go out and cheer for our team on Monday night!!
Hey, I am a die hard Steelers fan and have been for years. Even when they lose by 30 points I still watch every play.
I'm a fan by choice and not birth, meaning I have been to Pittsburgh just twice to see them beat the Browns in 06
and Seattle this year.

I can just feel what is wrong here, I have been following the Steelers so long.

If that makes sense.
steelcity58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #16
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Ok....I think fans have the right to bash their team if they want or not....It doesn't make anybody less of a fan for stating their opinion good or bad.....Some people are just positive while some are just negative....

Last time I checked these coaches/players make millions to play a game.....lol So I see no problems with people bashing them......

As for this current loss....I'm not that upset about it.....I knew the Oline was garbage heading into the year....So no shock here that this group is killing the team....I was just hoping Tomlin/Zierlein could make some adjustments to help this current group....Well its clear the Steelers need to make over the entire Oline.....lol

The Steelers are a good team but without a dominant Oline they can't win a Super Bowl....The Oline is the heart of your football team.....So thats why I'm not sweating the loss to much...Hell but play-offs with a first time HC isn't all that bad.....Plus Big Ben is entering his prime in the next few years...So I'm sure there is great times ahead...Just be patient....
And didn't we have this topic of conversation almost 2 years ago. It's in the database.

I DONT WANT TO GO TO THE AFCCG.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:47 AM   #17
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
Ok....I think fans have the right to bash their team if they want or not....It doesn't make anybody less of a fan for stating their opinion good or bad.....Some people are just positive while some are just negative....

Last time I checked these coaches/players make millions to play a game.....lol So I see no problems with people bashing them......

As for this current loss....I'm not that upset about it.....I knew the Oline was garbage heading into the year....So no shock here that this group is killing the team....I was just hoping Tomlin/Zierlein could make some adjustments to help this current group....Well its clear the Steelers need to make over the entire Oline.....lol

The Steelers are a good team but without a dominant Oline they can't win a Super Bowl....The Oline is the heart of your football team.....So thats why I'm not sweating the loss to much...Hell but play-offs with a first time HC isn't all that bad.....Plus Big Ben is entering his prime in the next few years...So I'm sure there is great times ahead...Just be patient....

Shoots. Just check the database. We spoke about our impending o-line problems 2 seasons ago. Just look back into our threads.

There is no shame in rebuilding. Poor draft positioning is the political hot potato though.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #18
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,155 Times in 580 Posts

If the Steelers weren't losing to a 1 game winner on the 10th week or the Arizona Cardinals who have a crappy offense and haven't won anything meaningful in 50 years, I don't think the sting would be as bad.

We destroy a really good QB in Seattle but then get your ass handed to you by a rookie QB who has barley played this year? Doesn't make much sense to me. Personally, Offense and defense is fine, our special teams cost us the Arizona game and the Jets game. And not for Ben, we would have lost a couple more.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #19
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,445 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
If the Steelers weren't losing to a 1 game winner on the 10th week or the Arizona Cardinals who have a crappy offense and haven't won anything meaningful in 50 years, I don't think the sting would be as bad.

We destroy a really good QB in Seattle but then get your ass handed to you by a rookie QB who has barley played this year? Doesn't make much sense to me. Personally, Offense and defense is fine, our special teams cost us the Arizona game and the Jets game. And not for Ben, we would have lost a couple more.
Agreed there is alot of what ifs but where would we be now if our special teams had played up to par.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #20
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
10 years ago...absolutly !!! i'm no small potatoe...6 - 3 ....270 lbs... but i don't look like i have an 8 gallon keg under my shirt...lol. i'll be 40 yrs old in a few months....the 20 yrs of construction work are catching up with me.
Now it's MY turn to laugh.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote