Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
cubanstogie
Head Coach
 
cubanstogie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,588
Member Number: 3082
Thanks: 28
Thanked 83 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Its pretty depressing to watch this pathetic Jets team and know they beat us. I just don't understand. Maybe our O-line is as bad as some of you say. I still think Steelers would beat the Cowboys, Packers and Giants though.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 1,186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1192
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

#28 Offense against #1 Defense
#29 Defense against #10 Offense

They still suck! GO STEELERS!!!!!!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #13
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,076
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 168 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Young QB with 2 weeks two prepare vs Steelers

Young QB 4 days to prepare vs Cowboys
bullshit.. theres no excuse. the cowboys only had 4 days to prepare for them.. they out-physicaled us on offense and defense. it doesnt take much preparation to miss tackles and forget how to block.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #14
steelcity58
Bench Warmer
 
steelcity58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 257
Member Number: 3251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Young QB with 2 weeks two prepare vs Steelers

Young QB 4 days to prepare vs Cowboys
Not that simple.

Allowing 7 sacks...getting 50 some odd yards rushing...allowing a 100 yard rusher
who also happens to be an RB who is usually nowhere.
steelcity58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #15
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 1,186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1192
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Our D should have had a field day against this offense!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
OneForTheToe
Living Legend
 
OneForTheToe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 3,360
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
bullshit.. theres no excuse. the cowboys only had 4 days to prepare for them.. they out-physicaled us on offense and defense. it doesnt take much preparation to miss tackles and forget how to block.

Well the layoff is not the whole story with regard to our loss. However, here both teams had the same amount of time (4days), as opposed to one team having double the time. As I said, the two weeks preparation for the Jets isn't an excuse fir the Steelers to have lost, but wherein you have a young QB like the Jets having the two weeks makes a huge difference, since the coaches have the time to hold his hand. Clearly the Jets QB was more comfortable in the game against the Steelers than here today. Of course, playing at home last week helped as well.

As for the Jets D, I think they played pretty good today regardless of the score. Jets, no first down in the third quarter. No D can play well under that scenario. Also, note that the Jets NT has been pretty good today at beating the Cowboys' center.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,557
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 233
Thanked 1,169 Times in 432 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Either way, it's hard to watch this and not get torqued off all over again over the debacle last Sunday.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #18
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,076
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 168 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Well the layoff is not the whole story with regard to our loss. However, here both teams had the same amount of time (4days), as opposed to one team having double the time. As I said, the two weeks preparation for the Jets isn't an excuse fir the Steelers to have lost, but wherein you have a young QB like the Jets having the two weeks makes a huge difference, since the coaches have the time to hold his hand. Clearly the Jets QB was more comfortable in the game against the Steelers than here today. Of course, playing at home last week helped as well.

As for the Jets D, I think they played pretty good today regardless of the score. Jets, no first down in the third quarter. No D can play well under that scenario. Also, note that the Jets NT has been pretty good today at beating the Cowboys' center.
it just doesnt matter much to me.. good teams overcome these kinds of things if they are facing inferior teams as weak as the jets. could you really see the pats, full strength colts, cowboys, or packers losing to the jets last week even with the bye week? i just cant. we need to be more consistent.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #19
OneForTheToe
Living Legend
 
OneForTheToe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 3,360
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
it just doesnt matter much to me.. good teams overcome these kinds of things if they are facing inferior teams as weak as the jets. could you really see the pats, full strength colts, cowboys, or packers losing to the jets last week even with the bye week? i just cant. we need to be more consistent.
I generally agree ... to be great you have to TCOB regardless of scheduling, injuries ect. Still, I do accept the fact that the Jets offense looked dynamite the first few series and I believe that if their young QB doesn't have two weeks to prepare he doesn't make those plays early. None of that will make the Steelers' O'line any better, but it would have given us a better chance to overcome our deficiency
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #20
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 1,186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1192
Thanks: 9
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Turkey Day Football thread

I agree our intensity was/is SH*T at the beginning of games. I think the only game they came out with Intensity from the get go was the Baltimore game and I believe that was only because of the 75th Anniversary and they wanted to look good in front of our old timers! Harrison is a beast!!!!!
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts