Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
SteelStealth
Water Boy

Member Number: 7711
Unhappy Anyone Nervous?

It's not about losing on Monday night, it's losing to a winless team. The loss to the Jets was hard to swallow, but losing to the Dolphins might just be something that will scar us. Maybe I am just being paranoid here, but I still am a little nervous.
Go Steelers!

SS
SteelStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
mamuhmia
Water Boy

Member Number: 6635
Default Re: Anyone Nervous?

Sometimes it does make you more nervous to go up against a winless team rather than an undefeated team. I was nervous about my Browns doing the same thing(with good reason, we hadn't really proved anything yet). I don't get to see your team play very often, (except when you"re beating us ), so from that perspective I'd say do not be nervous. If you guys had won last week, I'd be more wary of the team overlooking the Fins and losing. I can't see your guys letting that happen 2 weeks in a row. Especially knowing the Browns are breahing down the backs of their necks for the division. JMO
mamuhmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I'm the eternal optimist, so I pretty much go into every game with confidence that the Steelers will beat their opponent - or at the very least - give 'em a helluva game. The Steelers are undefeated at HF this season and I see them coming into this game torqued off about their loss to the Jets so I think we're going to see a good game out of our guys. I'd have to say NO - I'm not nervous about this game.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Not nervous about the Dolphins

Very nervous with no DB depth against the Bengals if Troy still is out
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelStealth View Post
It's not about losing on Monday night, it's losing to a winless team. The loss to the Jets was hard to swallow, but losing to the Dolphins might just be something that will scar us. Maybe I am just being paranoid here, but I still am a little nervous.
Go Steelers!

SS
I'm nervous before every game. No matter who we are playing. I guess it's a mix between excitement and nervousness. While I feel we will defeat the Dolphins, there is always the chance we will show up and play the way we did against the Jets.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

I think we play well monday night and get the win but, I guess this year it is always on my mind which steeler team will show up. It seems like we have been like jekle/hyde. I keep saying that Parker is due for a big gme maybe this week.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Nervous? Not right now - I always get butterflies in my stomach right before kickoff, though.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

if we lose this game, it will be one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Nope not nervous at all.....Its the Dolphins and they're very bad........I now the Jets are to......But noway I see the Steelers losing to this team...Especially since the game is at Heinz and on Monday night.....

30-6........Steelers
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

I have been following the Steelers for over 50 years and this team beyond a doubt in my mind has the widest range of performance from totally dominant to weak and soft. yes soft.

There are times when I "objectively" and analytically believe they can beat any one , including New England and yet I must admit I believe it is possible they could lose to Miami Monday. I do not know the SOUL (heart) of this team.

What rings in my ears is something Tony Dungy said in the middle of the 2005 season when the Colts were unbeaten and playing well. I will paraphrase the essence of his statement.

"We are obviouslly doing well so far this year and the number one reason is our guys PLAY HARD EVERY GAME FOR FOUR QUARTERS AND NOT EVEY TEAM IN THE NFL DOES PLAY HARD EVERY GAME.

I was very surprised to hear Dungy say this and I never forgot it. I am going to accept what Dungy said as truth and consider that possibly and only possibly this Steeler team does not come to play hard every game from the opening gun. I can not at this a time conclude this to be true but I sure do see the possibility of this being true. I am not nervous about Monday nights game BECAUSE WE ARE AT HOME ON MONDAY NIGHT IN FRONT OF A NATION WIDE AUDIENCE. We will win this game.

I am however nervous about the rest of the schedule because lets be honest this team has a bad pattern of performance and how could all of the dedciated Steeler fans not be nervous. Cleveland's scheduled opponents are far weaker than ours.

In summary if this team plays as they are capable they really should go 12 and 4, and no worse than 11 and 5. I believe they will .
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote