Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
steelcity58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3251
Default Re: Anyone Nervous?

BC and the Steelers were always up for Monday night games.

It's up to Tomlin to make sure the team is as pissed as us fans and that the team goes out and just beat the living **** out of a very poor team.

The Steel lost to the Cardinals...then the Broncos...then the Jets...three very average to just outright crap teams.

Fourth times a charm?
steelcity58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #12
Big7BenHOF
Team Captain

Member Number: 5192

I'm a little bit nervous about this game. Only reason though, is that they have nothing to play for anymore. They can try whatever they want.

I think we'll win, but they will give us a good game.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Me im nervous every week, but this week is much different.
The dolphins a winless team look for their first one and who better to get it against but the steelers who blow against bad teams.
Its a plan for disaster and if the steelers don't play hard they will lose this game and almost hand the division over to the browns.
Also 2 big playmakers are out with Holmes and Troy sporting injurys.
Yes very nervous!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

i bet ted ginn can't wait to field a kickoff ......

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

The Jets wrote the game plan........if the Steelers don't mix it up alot this week, every team we play from here on out will have a field day with us. Am I nervous....heck yeah.

Do I still think we can beat the Fins.......heck yeah.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #16
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

About the thing I'm worried about is two areas protecting Ben and our special teams. I think we will be fine and, after that Jet loss I don't think there be any more of those kind of performances. Which we were simply horrible in all three areas special teams protecting Ben and tackling. I hope we come out pissed off and ready destroy anything that moves.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

I am anxious. We need a dominate win in all phases of the game. I am not convinced we are a great team yet. If the Steelers adapt to what happened last week and respond with a great game I will feel much better. After watching the Jets get trounced by the Cowgirls I felt even worse. I don't understand how we lost to such a pathetic team. I am wondering how many sacks Jason Taylor will get next week. He could have a field day. It would be nice to see our offense open it up and dominate like the Pats or Cowboys do. Running is great especially in playoffs and against high powered offenses. But against these shitty teams we need to come out score and then let our defense do their job. Instead of run, run, pass punt. Too much pressure on our defense. Ben is not Trent Dilfer, let him go out like Tony Romo and make some big plays. Then run late in game. The game has changed , it used to be run first to open up passing game with play action and so forth. Now you rarely see teams run from the get go week in week out. It seems in the past Cowher was scared to put the game into Ben's hands. With 3 1/2 years experience, Ben is more than capable of carrying the offense I believe.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

We'll see if the issue is that we have just met a couple teams coming off of a bye week and planned well for us, or if we are truly having issues.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'm the eternal optimist, so I pretty much go into every game with confidence that the Steelers will beat their opponent - or at the very least - give 'em a helluva game. The Steelers are undefeated at HF this season and I see them coming into this game torqued off about their loss to the Jets so I think we're going to see a good game out of our guys. I'd have to say NO - I'm not nervous about this game.
This goes for me to.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #20
Rhee Rhee
Head Coach

Member Number: 7579

if we lose i'll cry if we win idk it will be bittersweet knowing we could have been 8-2 and being talked about as the number 2 seed so ya im pretty nervous...

I used to remember when we wouldn't do so hot when wee were at HF but now somehow sometin changed...