Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default Where is the Justice with fines and punishment?

linky dinky

Quote:
Cleveland Browns' Jamal Lewis, Baltimore Ravens' Haloti Ngata fined by NFL

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Browns running back Jamal Lewis and Ravens nose tackle Haloti Ngata each were fined $5,000 by the NFL for their conduct during the Browns' 33-30 overtime victory at Baltimore last Sunday.

Lewis was flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct after spiking the ball in front of the Ravens' bench following a 25-yard catch-and-run in the first quarter. The Browns punted four plays later.

"He knows that's not the right thing to do," Browns coach Romeo Crennel said. "Sometimes emotions of the game - guys get caught up in it and they want to make a statement. He should have made the statement with more yards rather than a spike."

Ngata was flagged 15 yards for a personal foul after punching left tackle Joe Thomas in the head after a fumble by receiver Braylon Edwards on the Browns' first drive. Thomas tackled linebacker Ray Lewis, who recovered the fumble, and Ngata accused him of going for Lewis' knees.

"I don't know why he thought that," Thomas said. "I tackled him high."

Thomas said the punch didn't even hurt.

"I didn't even know he punched me until later," Thomas said.

Crennel said he was pleased Thomas didn't retaliate.

"The officials always see the second punch," Crennel said.

Jones spared:

Browns safety Sean Jones was penalized 15 yards for roughing the passer in the third quarter last Sunday when officials thought he hit quarterback Kyle Boller with his helmet. After reviewing the play, the league didn't fine him.

"Our coaches turned the film into the NFL and they said it was clean," Jones said. "I knew it was clean the whole time. I never touched him with my helmet. I'll just continue to stay aggressive. That's good for me - and my bank account. I'm glad the league made the right decision."

He just wishes officials got it right during the game.

"The Ravens scored [a field goal] on that drive," he said.

Wright out:

Cornerback Eric Wright has been ruled out of the Texans game on Sunday with a sprained right knee and will be replaced by Daven Holly. Wright downplayed a report by WKYC Channel 3 that he'll be out four to six weeks.

"That's funny," he said. "I know I never said anything like that. I don't think anybody ever said anything like that. When I'm ready, I'll be out there."

He said he thought the injury was serious when he went down on the first defensive play in Baltimore, "but once I got up, I realized it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it was."

He said he felt so good that he tried to play in the second half.

"But they locked me in the locker room," he said.

He said he'll come back refreshed. "It's definitely going to be something great," he said. "My swagger's coming back and I'm excited. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off."

Other injuries:

Nose tackle Ethan Kelley (knee) did not practice Friday and is doubtful for Sunday. Shaun Smith (knee), who sat out last week, might replace him, and Orpheus Roye will start again at end. Smith was limited Friday and is questionable. Right offensive tackle Kevin Shaffer and receiver Tim Carter (finger) also are questionable

Bodden explains:

Cornerback Leigh Bodden said if it looks like he's getting more balls thrown on him, it's because he's in the slot on third down, where all the action is.

"There are plays to be made in the slot, and I want to be there to be able make those plays," he said.

He said he's been working through his back injury, but he feels fine now.

Barclay gone:

Running back Chris Barclay was signed off the Browns' practice squad by the Tennessee Titans. . . . Actress Patricia Heaton, Bay Village native and former star of "Everybody Loves Raymond," will do the coin flip before the game. She's the daughter of former Plain Dealer sportswriter Chuck Heaton. She's currently starring on Fox's "Back to You."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

mcabot@plaind.com, 216-999-4670
one was on the field of play after the whistle was blown and play was dead, and he admitted he was mad and did it. Lewis spiked the ball when he was out of bounds and didn't touch any other player. Maybe next time instead of spiking the ball if that is how they are going to levy fine he should just punch someone in the face. Same fine? Naaah don't stoop to thier level or the level of the NFL.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Where is the Justice with fines and punishment?

I agree, that's bull. Ngata should have been ejected and been fined more, like $25,000...that's just not acceptible.

Lewis spiked the football. He was tackled by the Ravens bench after making what was a big play (at the time). The fact that the Browns punted 4 plays later has no bearing on the spike, Lewis cannot see into the future. it should have been a 5 yard delay of game penalty. If the Ravens can't handle a ball being spiked in front of them, then they should all quit football.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote