Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Pressure is on the Steelers again.

Cleveland won today, and have an pretty easy schedule for here on out. Steelers still have the Patriots and Jaguars. Including a road game against the Rams.

I'm not too confident at all, why? This team is jekyll and hyde. If they can lose to teams like the Jetlags, they can certainly drop the road game in St.Louis. As we have already seen, the Steelers crap the bed against crappy teams. The road is not their friend. I'm almost certain this team won't beat the Patriots(not saying they won't), and will likely lose to the Jaguars with this hideous O-Line. This freaking O-Line will be the death of the Steelers this year. 12 sacks allowed to below average defenses the previous two games.

I'm not giving up, but my confidence has dwindled quite a bit. Losing to the Jets and watching how horridly disgusting the Steelers looked doing it took a lot out of me. I went through a week of pondering, confusion, and embarrassment.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,628 Posts
Default Re: Pressure is on the Steelers again.

Need to win out at home and at least split with Rams and Ravens to win the division (I have no illusions about what will happen in New England after the 3 road losses).

I have no doubt about winning Monday night but the Bengals offense has revived & next week is now a crucial game.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts

The comeback from 15 points down against the Browns was huge, and it's getting bigger by the week.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

I like the pressure being on the team tomorrow night. Based upon the history of this bunch...and I'm not just talking about this year...as much pressure as possible needs to be placed upon them.

The good thing right now, is that the Steelers control their own destiny. We basically have a 2 game lead in the division with 6 to play. With Tennessee losing the past couple of weeks, it also helps us.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
The comeback from 15 points down against the Browns was huge, and it's getting bigger by the week.
No doubt man....If Ben didn't take charge in the second half of that game....We would be a deep world of crap right now.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

The Browns are showing that their offense can score but the defense is still suspect. If the Steelers lay any more eggs against teams they are supposed to beat. They may lose the division. I don't pay that much attention to their team. But when I looked at their schedule, MAN they can actually run the table. They probably wont but they don't really have any game that they cant win.

Losses that don't make sense are now going to hurt the Steelers chances to win the division. I'm so glad we own the tie-breaker, that is if it comes to that, they may pass us by week 15 and the fact that we beat them twice wont mean diddly.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

iy's pretty eady what the steelers have to do right now- WIN.

Do not underestimate any opponent and beat every single one of them.

If not we will be going for the wildcard.....
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelDogFan View Post
The Browns are showing that their offense can score but the defense is still suspect. If the Steelers lay any more eggs against teams they are supposed to beat. They may lose the division. I don't pay that much attention to their team. But when I looked at their schedule, MAN they can actually run the table. They probably wont but they don't really have any game that they cant win.

Losses that don't make sense are now going to hurt the Steelers chances to win the division. I'm so glad we own the tie-breaker, that is if it comes to that, they may pass us by week 15 and the fact that we beat them twice wont mean diddly.
The Cardinals offer some hope next week. The problem is that we need to take care of business against the Bengals. Put aside the Bengals record....they can beat us if we come out slow.

A Stain loss next week and we win gives us a 3 game lead (including tie breaker) with 5 left.

This team is capable of anything....at each end of the spectrum. I still think we will make the playoffs, but I think we will be playing the 1st week of the offseason...whether it be as a division winner or as a Wild Card.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #9
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

that loss to the jets was just so uncalled for. but no.. we always gotta make it interesting.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,628 Posts

Denver & Tennessee losing helped if the bottom falls out and the Steelers are fighting for a wildcard.

Arizona's defense is horrible and the Browns was not that bad today. Next Sunday night could have some grim postings on this board.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote