Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Browns overrated???

i bet nobody here thought that the browns could possibly be overrated ever. some say they were in a close game with the steelers but if it wasnt for our bad coverage team they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points. derreck anderson is as unaccurate as kyle boller and he reminds me of rexxy sexxy in chicago. he might start pretty well but in the last few games he has been less impressive and the whole year he has been under par in accuracy. he has all the weapons in the world and yet he still cant keep 48% of his throws out of the dirt. the win today capped off the fact that i will get tormented about how great the browns are because they can beat sub par teams. please respond to this, i need help.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,092 Times in 2,806 Posts
Default Re: Brownss overrated???

Sorry i cannot cheer you up.

Browns are this year's 4th place team from the prior year that has a soft schedule and capitalizes on it. Steelers have soft out of division games and manage to lose them.

For the Steelers to win the division, they better hope the Browns do not accomplish something the Steelers could not - beat a mediocre Arizona team at home that currently is in OT at home with the freaking 49ers.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Hey I never said We were great, I said our Defense sucks, And I am not sure that Quinn is the answer either. I have never seen him play in a real NFL game, only pre-season where the players he plaed against are either on the taxi squad or are bagging groceries. Anderson has come a long way but now he is regressing and I am not sure why. I am not a coach, nor do I make the decisions or make the money they do. I just cry in my beer or get it spiiled on me by the people jumping up and down near me when the Browns do good.
I wish I had an answer for you but I am try to be as honest as I can be. This is why some say I am not a True Browns fan, because I don't see the world through Brown colored glasses, or are they rose colored? No matter, the fact remains that I am not sure why the talking heads are clammering about the Browns except for the fact they said we were going to stink up the place this year and not win more than three 4 at the most. well we almost doubled that, and they are back peddling like crazy, now thinking they found the holy grail. But if you really look at what some are saying they are still down playing the Browns giving back handed compliments to us.
Hey that is what it is to be a Browns fan, we take what we can get, We relish in for the time being until something better comes along or we wake up to find it was a dream.

I still say the fat man needs to go, so does the some of the other coaches he brought in. But you didn't ask about that and I won't hijack the thread. There are enough on this board that don't like us Browns fans already, so I don't need to give them any excuses for blasting me on that.

HAve a great week and hope I helped or at least muddied the water more for you.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

The game films are their resume, and the films show a young team learning what it takes to win. How good are they? Right now, one game not as good as the Steelers, that's how good.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

hey, im not going to say they arent better but when the browns are listed as one of the top teams in the NFL and yet they have the worst defense and barely win games against teams that a top team should beat, i do take note that the steelers losses have all came to bad teams but our coach is inexperienced and it showed, trying to pass against the #1 pass D in the leage(broncos), ken whiz knows our offense and defense inside and out so that loss was because he knows us too well, then the jets game was a lack of our O line blocking and our D line closing down on their o line, im not taking credit away from these teams just trying to say a big reason why we lost these games. the browns are better but they need much more work to be considered a team even to be close as good as the steelers very respectable organization. sorry if my jerk like comments offend but it seems it is the only way to get it across others. thanks for your comments though i really mean it.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Here is what I know ! Their schedule is incredibly weak. and they are a young hungry team , That makes me a little bit nervous when we got the Pats and Jaguars ahead.

I think our guys are going to play better with the presure on them and in fact I think that is what this team needs.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

they could have easily been coming off a 3 or 4 game losing streak before today.. but whatever. it seems like almost everything goes their there way in every game they play in.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,633 Times in 2,877 Posts

like it or not, the browns are a 7-4 team and will be treated as such. i would still pick the chargers to beat the browns, but at this point, it is their play and their record earning them recognition, not their reputation.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
i bet nobody here thought that the browns could possibly be overrated ever. some say they were in a close game with the steelers but if it wasnt for our bad coverage team they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points. derreck anderson is as unaccurate as kyle boller and he reminds me of rexxy sexxy in chicago. he might start pretty well but in the last few games he has been less impressive and the whole year he has been under par in accuracy. he has all the weapons in the world and yet he still cant keep 48% of his throws out of the dirt. the win today capped off the fact that i will get tormented about how great the browns are because they can beat sub par teams. please respond to this, i need help.
I couldnt dissagree with you more.
I love the way this young man looks... he is tough and he makes plays usually when he has to. The Browns in all honesty should have beaten us a couple weeks ago. The Browns are Not Overrated in my opinion. They are gonna probably make the play-offs and it wouldnt suprise me if we meet them again down the line.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Here is what I know ! Their schedule is incredibly weak. and they are a young hungry team , That makes me a little bit nervous when we got the Pats and Jaguars ahead.

I think our guys are going to play better with the presure on them and in fact I think that is what this team needs.
And you dont think that the Steelers schedule isnt easy? We have one of the easiest schedules probably in the league. And we lose to the JETS.... and Cardnals and Broncos? We should have beaten all but maybe one of these.. being that the Broncos are looking alot better now than early on in the season. To Lose To The Jets? Give me a break, our team is so Inconsistent so far, it isnt funny. What do you think that the Patriots are gonna do to us in a few weeks if we play like we did against the Jets or Cardinals or Broncos in the 1st half of that game?... It is scary to me... maybe
Patriots 60
Steelers 21?
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote