Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #21
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617
Default Re: Brownss overrated???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
How do you mean Anderson regressing? He is doing pretty good yet.
He is still throwing in thedirt, and now throwng to soon in the pocket, not taking his time like he did before, he is rushing himself forcing the play. Plus now he is telegraphing his passes like he was doing at the fist of the season and last of last season, staring at one receiver and not looking at the entire field. I was only a running back, so I can not put myself in his shoes completely, but I see what he is doing and it is not good.
I hope he can correct it, if I can see it the opposing coaches can also see it, unless someone is laying a trap for latter on? Could be?

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?

Last edited by TroysBadDawg; 11-28-2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: trying to teach my fingers to spell
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #22
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: Browns overrated???

rex grossman, he had the world in his hands at the beginning half of the 2006 season and then a total transformation, when he started throwing into double or tripple coverage he wouldnt be lucky enough for it not to be intercepted like at the beginning of the season. if u watch, goofy derek anderson does the same thing, he can make some great throws but 1 for 10 is not a good percentage when talking about good throws. i dont see him being a franchise guy in the NFL. sorry, that is my opinion.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #23
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

hey guys, haven't been able to post lately cause my power source crapped out on my desktop..... interesting thread here.... so i figured i'd chime in.

i read above someone saying jamal lewis is 260lbs!! he's actually 230, and he's been able to grind out a game when the browns are ahead.... something none of the previous running backs the past ten years have been able to do. i've seen the defense get better, especially the D-line in the past three games. crucial third down sacks to push teams out of field goal range. our safties are improving EVERY game... don't believe me, just watch what they did to houston last week.

this team is playing good enough football to be 7-4. winning five out of the last six and not losing two in a row the whole season is HUGE for this franchise. i can understand troy and some others blasting DA on his accuracy... but i've seen him come up BIG on the clutch plays... COME ON TROY didn't you see DA throw that laser to Braylon at the end of regulation against the ravens? under pressure, jersey being grabbed, steps up, squares the shoulders and gets out a catchable ball?

NO ONE was expecting anything more than 2-4 wins from the browns this year. don't look now, but this team has a chance of winning the afcn. say what you want, call out their imperfections... talk about how "if kickoff and punting wasn't a part of the game they wouldnt of scored at least 14 of their 28 points." hey those are points... chicago went to the superbowl last year and it had a lot to do with hester. i'll take a win no matter how they get it. i'm just going to enjoy it while i can, who knows what next season brings.... all i know is it's december and the browns have a chance of making the playoffs!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #24
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

i agree that the browns are good this year, i cant say that their not, DA reminds me of tony romo because he throws into coverage and still gets lucky enough for his reciever to come down with it, im not taking away any skill away from kellen or bralyon i just believe if a 5 ft 10in reciever was who he was throwing to, he wouldnt be so lucky. the browns are better but everyone knows they have slipped by a few games in which they could of lost. please dont mention the steelers because that is a different subject.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #25
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
i agree that the browns are good this year, i cant say that their not, DA reminds me of tony romo because he throws into coverage and still gets lucky enough for his reciever to come down with it, im not taking away any skill away from kellen or bralyon i just believe if a 5 ft 10in reciever was who he was throwing to, he wouldnt be so lucky. the browns are better but everyone knows they have slipped by a few games in which they could of lost. please dont mention the steelers because that is a different subject.
slipped by or not, they WON the games. luck has nothing to do with the receptions... it's all skill and matchups... any quarterback in the nfl would be making the throws DA has if they had kellon, braylon, or joe as their recievers. that's a fact. the team is playing to its strengths.. isn't that what a good team is supposed to do? shessh, if dawson hit that field goal against the raiders the brownies would be 8-3 right now.... so far, i've seen a browns team that can score on every team they've played... i'll take that.