Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default We NEED Ben & Ward against Cinci

Okay,Ben better play against Cinci.This is a team that can score,and we need the QB that can move around and throw the long ball.We also need Ward in this game.We need the big-play reciever against Cinci,because this game could turn into a shootout.

If Maddox plays,we lose.If Ben plays we win (or at least have a MUCH better shot at winning).

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:14 AM   #2
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367
Default Re: We NEED Ben & Ward against Cinci

All this Cincy talk, I just don't see it. Yes they have talent, they have athletic players, CJ is great, Carson is a very good qb (but always makes one bonehead play a game) and R. Johnson is...ok...nothing spectacular. Where I think they fail is physicalness, they are NOT a tough team, they aren't very physical and I'll never sweat a team that lacks that.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

if maddox is playing i'll be sweating them. maddox is worse then kyle orton and they picked that fool off like 4 times. if ward ain't healthy i don't think we should play him cause wilson and ARE are capable of makin the big plays they just need a qb to throw to em, heath miller is also capable of makin big plays, so i won't be worried if ward don't play. if maddox starts you can pretty much chalk up an L
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

I think Cowher has said that Ben will be available next week and Ben pretty much cemented that after the game yesterday. No word on Ward yet, but you can bet that Maddox will not be the starter on Sunday. That much is certain. Heck, if it were up to me, he wouldn't even be a Steeler by Sunday.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
if maddox is playing i'll be sweating them. maddox is worse then kyle orton and they picked that fool off like 4 times.
5 times
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
maddox is worse then kyle orton and they picked that fool off like 4 times.
This might be up there with that post about deon sanders coming to Pittsburgh!! Are you kidding me? Are you one of those fans that go up and down with each games performance?? Let me guess Willy Parker stinks now huh? And let me guess, 2 weeks ago Randle El sucked cause he pitched that ball and dropped a few passes, but now he's a GOD because he returned a punt?? Come on...people have good and bad games, dont forget in 02 and 03 what Tommy did, you know when you probably thought he was a good quarterback.....but lets see, 3 starts since then and all of a sudden he's horrible, and being refrenced to a rookie from Purdue??? Come on.....
Old 10-17-2005, 02:06 PM   #7
Va_steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 652

The way Tommy was playing you could almost say he was paid to shave points, then loose the fu-kn game. Ben better start or like koopa said chalk up an L
Old 10-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Ben will most certainly play I would imagine..he knows we need him.. Ward however, we need him, but his hamstring is alittle worse issue..and did u see him all game w/ his gloves on against jax..u could tell he wanted to be out there so bad.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
This might be up there with that post about deon sanders coming to Pittsburgh!! Are you kidding me? Are you one of those fans that go up and down with each games performance?? Let me guess Willy Parker stinks now huh? And let me guess, 2 weeks ago Randle El sucked cause he pitched that ball and dropped a few passes, but now he's a GOD because he returned a punt?? Come on...people have good and bad games, dont forget in 02 and 03 what Tommy did, you know when you probably thought he was a good quarterback.....but lets see, 3 starts since then and all of a sudden he's horrible, and being refrenced to a rookie from Purdue??? Come on.....

well obviously some fool here can't take a joke. sorry i'm not a bias ho which i'm guessing you might be. nope never said willie sucks so go ahead and throw that question out of here. nope randel ain't god no player here is god but i'm not as mad as him becasue he was one of the only offenseive players that came to play. i'm guessing you most be related to tommy maddox casue he didn't just have one bad game. he's a fluke qb. and again i was joking around fool, quit getting so bitchy. quit bringing up 2002 and 2003, those season don't count anymore. it's like me bringing up our 4 superbowls for an aurgument against the pats it don't matter casue that was before i was even born. it's what you are doing now not 900 years ago.

Last edited by Koopa; 10-17-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:23 AM   #10
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
Come on...people have good and bad games, dont forget in 02 and 03 what Tommy did, you know when you probably thought he was a good quarterback.....but lets see, 3 starts since then and all of a sudden he's horrible, and being refrenced to a rookie from Purdue??? Come on.....
Understand, but I do remember...20 TD 16 INT & 18 TD 17 INT....had he thrown 2 TD and 2 INT we would have won. A Kyle Orton 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 FUM day is bad and Tommy will tell you that.