Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Starting to get worried about the division lead

Steelers Remaining Schedule
Bengals
@Patriots
Jaguars
@Rams
@Ravens

Browns Remaining Schedule
@Cards
@Jets
Bills
@Bengals
49ers

As we all know, the Steelers have a 2 game lead over the Browns (2 game instead of 1 because we beat them twice). The Browns remaining schedule is easy. They play 3 last place teams (Jets, Bengals, and 9ers). While the other two games are very much winnable for them.

The Steelers though have a tough schedule. Bengals this weekend is no cake walk since they had a big win that might've boosted there confidence. The Patriots......nuff said. The Jags have looked impressive these past 2 weeks, and we all know our road struggles this year as we play the Rams and Ravens to close it out. Not only that but these past 2 weeks the Steelers have looked bad ( I know last night was in HORRIBLE conditions).

Those two wins over the Browns now seem HUGE since we could very well lose 2 games on this final stretch. Not trying to be pessimistic or negative, because I'm usually not. Trust me I'm happy that we're 8-3, hell of a lot better than last year.

So do you think we'll be able to hold the lead in the division? Not saying I don't think we will but it has me worried.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Re: Starting to get worried about the division lead

It's looking like less of a "given" than it did a few weeks ago. We definitely have the tougher schedule, and we have to win four of our last five to guarantee the division win (I know a combination of PIT wins and CLE losses will do the same thing, I'm just saying we need four wins to clinch).

Ed Bouchette maintains that the Browns won't win out, and I agree with him. I had NE and JAC pegged as losses before the season even started. I don't know that many of us currently think the Steelers are realistically going to beat NE, and Jacksonville has historically had our number. Especially if we come off a big loss to NE, I don't like our chances with the Jags. The other three games are quite winnable, even if you account for the Bengals' sudden signs of life over a badly floundering Tennessee team. If you figure we can definitely win three of the last five, Cleveland can easily lose at least one.

Kinda stinks, though, having to worry about the Browns, of all things, at this point in the season.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I really try not to worry about what other teams are doing and instead focus on our Steelers.

The Browns are not going to win out. Their schedule isn't as easy at it looks. The Cards are tough in their backyard and the Bungles game in Cincinn-ALCATRAZ is no gimme. We all saw what the Jets are capable of, as well. The Browns have a horrific defense and I wouldn't be surprised to see a healthy Frank Gore run all over them in the season finale. Admittedly, we do have the tougher of the two schedules on PAPER, but we also have the better of the two D's hands down which is a bonus going down the stretch. The two game advantage also is a huge plus with 5 games remaining.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I really try not to worry about what other teams are doing and instead focus on our Steelers.

The Browns are not going to win out. Their schedule isn't as easy at it looks. The Cards are tough in their backyard and the Bungles game in Cincinn-ALCATRAZ is no gimme. We all saw what the Jets are capable of, as well. The Browns have a horrific defense and I wouldn't be surprised to see a healthy Frank Gore run all over them in the season finale. Admittedly, we do have the tougher of the two schedules on PAPER, but we also have the better of the two D's hands down which is a bonus going down the stretch. The two game advantage also is a huge plus with 5 games remaining.
Agreed. Let's just worry about beating the bungles for now.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #5
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 View Post
Bengals
@Patriots
Jaguars
@Rams
@Ravens

@Cards
@Jets
Bills
@Bengals
49ers

As we all know, the Steelers have a 2 game lead over the Browns (2 game instead of 1 because we beat them twice). The Browns remaining schedule is easy. They play 3 last place teams (Jets, Bengals, and 9ers). While the other two games are very much winnable for them.

The Steelers though have a tough schedule. Bengals this weekend is no cake walk since they had a big win that might've boosted there confidence. The Patriots......nuff said. The Jags have looked impressive these past 2 weeks, and we all know our road struggles this year as we play the Rams and Ravens to close it out. Not only that but these past 2 weeks the Steelers have looked bad ( I know last night was in HORRIBLE conditions).

Those two wins over the Browns now seem HUGE since we could very well lose 2 games on this final stretch. Not trying to be pessimistic or negative, because I'm usually not. Trust me I'm happy that we're 8-3, hell of a lot better than last year.

So do you think we'll be able to hold the lead in the division? Not saying I don't think we will but it has me worried.
i'll make you feel better ok... It's the browns... I'll bet the farm they choke there ass off in good cleveland fashion
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Eh I wouldn't worry about it right now...you can hit the panic button after you guys lose this sunday.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,543 Times in 3,762 Posts

If the Browns beat the Jets and Arizona on the road (something a team I follow has failed to do this season) and also beat the Bengals in Cincy then IMO they deserve to win the division by taking care of business against mediocre teams on the road, which the Steelers have failed to do.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Even, lets say, it all plays out, and what the doom and gloomers and the down heads say could possibly happen happens...what then...

we get the Browns in a playoff game in Round 1?

I'll take that every single year thank you. It will be like having a warm up game for Round 2. Fear not the Browns, they are a year away from imploding at the QB position when Anderson's bubble bursts and the "Brady" chants start.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastWillieParker39 View Post
Bengals
@Patriots
Jaguars
@Rams
@Ravens

@Cards
@Jets
Bills
@Bengals
49ers

Niners are in 3rd Place. They beat Arizona and the Rams Lost

The Steelers have never had a cake walk this season at the start of a game. Any given day, a team will surprise you. The Bengals will be no different. You have to start strong from the start.

As for the division lead, always a believer.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

in my eyes it doesnt matter if we win it or not, we will play them in the first round of the playoffs either way and that is where money is made and where top teams prevail, i doubt their offense is good enough to substain them through the rest of the regular season, i can see them losing a shootout against the bengals, the jets will be a little more experienced, 49ers have done well agianst bad D's this season, and the cards are no team to overlook, they have been hot and cold this season off and on. we can beat the bengals, we CAN beat the patriots, we CAN beat the jaguars, we can beat the rams and we can beat the ravens. i truly believe everything i mentioned.