Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,524 Times in 3,968 Posts
Default tomlinson, brees, and dwight for m. vick

many people thought the chargers got the short end of this trade but i thought it was great from the beginning. are there any steeler fans who would rather have vick over tomlinson alone? i think i already know the answer. we already have had a kordell. while im all for watching the steelers end streaks, tomlinson with a td in 18 straight games is pretty fun to watch. also tying a record with w. payton, and d. patten yesterday with a pass, run, and catch for a td is really and exclamation point. personally i hope he breaks e. smiths record if walter or barry cant have it.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: tomlinson, brees, and dwight for m. vick

Have to agree with you on this one Tony.

Tomlinson defines 'Elite' - he has been the one focal point of a team that has been mediocre at best for most of his career - which I think makes his achievements all the more impressive.

Every week teams play the Chargers knowing that if they can shutdown Tomlinson they have an almost guaranteed win - and week after week they fail.

Kudos to the Chargers for making a rare insightful Draft Day move.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I agree
The thing i like the most about LT. is hes not arrogant. Hes respectful in his interviews and i remember one interview of him praising E. Smith and saying that his dream is to live up to his status.
I think he will.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #4
tony hipchest

having gone to a WAC school i followed LT and remember people saying he wouldnt match his college career in the nfl due to the competition he faced. marshall faulk faced the same competition.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Wow, I thought this was a joke post at first. Is this a real trade? wow, let's trade Ron Mexico for LT, who, barring a career ending injury, will at least break one rushing record. I dunno, I just can't see it...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
Wow, I thought this was a joke post at first. Is this a real trade? wow, let's trade Ron Mexico for LT, who, barring a career ending injury, will at least break one rushing record. I dunno, I just can't see it...
It was the original draft day trade made a few years back when Tomlinson and Vick were entring the NFL the same year.

Dwight and Brees were players selected with the additional draft picks the Falcons gave up to have Vick on their team.

The way things are going looks like LT wants a shot at the 'Best Throwing Running Back' in the game award that Vick wins every year.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #7
tony hipchest

i dont know if tasmaniantroy is being sarcastic or not but his reaction is correct. tomlinson is way better than vick. brees straight up might be better than vick at this point. dwight was already on the atlanta roster and thrown in for good measure in the trade. point being is that tomlinson+ brees> r. mexico and his neverending streak of injuries. atleast kordell didnt get hurt that much.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i dont know if tasmaniantroy is being sarcastic or not but his reaction is correct. tomlinson is way better than vick. brees straight up might be better than vick at this point. dwight was already on the atlanta roster and thrown in for good measure in the trade. point being is that tomlinson+ brees> r. mexico and his neverending streak of injuries. atleast kordell didnt get hurt that much.
Tasmanian Troy may be a little too young to remember that Draft - all them many moons ago haha - still I wouldnt mind being back at 17...the things id do different eh?

That last sentence WAS NOT an invite to tell me all the things I have done wrong with my life BTW ha ha

Cheers

NM
Old 10-18-2005, 12:31 AM   #9
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I'll take LT over Vick any day.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 AM   #10
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

lol sorry guys, showing my youth here. I only really got into the steelers and football the year before Ben got here, mainly cause of my older brother. That trade just suprises me, no matter what the circumstances. With a quarterback like Vick, your playbook becomes kind of limited, cause you can't really have a set passing game when your quarterback tries running it everydown. At least LT boosted one part of your game, while he didnt but into any others.